Saturday, September 18, 2010

I Like Aprons

Well, I successfully got through midterms. What with the semester being split in half, the fourth week of school was midterms. According to Duke (his real name is George--he doesn't know I know that), the guy who is manager of the gym: "That is brutal--they shouldn't be allowed to put anyone through midterms twice in one semester!" Haha. Actually, with the way my brain works, having midterms now was really nice. I only had to memorize 4 weeks worth of material, instead of 8 weeks. As it was, this week was CRAZY. It was either school or work. No time to breathe. Of course, there hasn't been much breathing time at all this past month (which is why I have not posted), but even last weekend wasn't much fun because I had the stress of midterms weighing on my mind. Which I shouldn't have been stressed out about. There was nothing to be stressed out about....it just ended up being busy, and pretty hard. But not mind blowing hard.

But it is over now. So I am in a celebratory mood. We are having the Spano's and Marty & Lisa over (Marty works for my dad, and our three families put together make a party). Sue is making some kind of potato soup in accordance with the autumn-ish weather. Lisa is making a yummy salad. Everyone is making some kind of dessert. And Maryah, Misha and I are making our famous Italian bread. Actually it's Grandma's recipe, which is the reason why it is so good. But last winter Grandma had us girls down and she taught us how to make it. You see, if Grandma gives you a written recipe, it usually doesn't turn out like hers does because she has all these little techniques that she doesn't bother to write down, but are what "make the dish." So since she gave us a bread-making lesson, we now know those little techniques too. If only we could have a lesson for every single thing she knows how to make. She taught us how to can tomato sauce the other day, and then how to make crab-apple jelly too. But that is not even scratching the surface of her culinary know-how.

So anyway. Back to the party tonight. Dad and Nick had this idea that they want to have fun fellowship, but also fellowship with a point (in reminiscence of the good 'ol days when we would stay at each other's houses until 2 AM talking theology--well, I was young then, so I was playing with Lizzy but anyway). So Dad has picked out a chapter of the Bible to discuss (Romans 12, if you are curios). And we shall see what happens from there.

PS sorry if this post seems kind of helter-skelter....I am so tired of writing in a grammatically correct way

2 comments:

Andrew said...

Wow, glad you survived midterms!

Hope your party with the Spanos and everyone went well.

han said...

I am: jealous. Done with writing grammatically, too. : )