Yesterday was exciting. Hurricane Nicole hit us, and it rained literally ALL DAY. REALLY HARD. At one point, it actually looked like a hurricane. We got probably 6 inches yesterday, which is very impressive for a county that gets only 26 inches of rain average each year. We had a fairly dry August though, so we needed it. At least that's what all the patients at work told me :). Actually, I've been paying attention to the weather more now because dad has taken up farming again--at least a little farming, that is. He planted 4 acres to winter rye, so I've been watching the sky for rain the past month. I feel like such a farmer haha.
I love working when it is raining though. The therapy building is lined with windows facing the parking lot, and it's fun to watch the rain come down, and exclaim over it with the patients. It also makes me want to sit on the hot-pack-warmer, which is this big metal box filled with hot water. When I'm feeling cold I go sit on it and direct the patients from there hahaha.
Most of the leaves came down along with the rain, so once it dries we'll have our work cut out for us.
This afternoon I have decided to perform the Grand Switch. At work, a Grand Switch is the unofficial name for when you switch your patient for someone else's patient in the middle of their routine. Usually it happens when someone needs to go to the gym (the therapy building is connected to the gym by a wall and a glass door), and since the patients aren't allowed in there alone, sometimes we have to switch things up a bit and juggle our patients around to make it work. HOWEVER, today, the Grand Switch I am performing is the Grand Switch of Clothing. From here on out it looks as if it will not get past the upper 60's, so it's time to drag out my jeans and long-sleeve shirts, and pack away my shorts and light tee's. Which will be a nice change of scenery. At least through December. By February I am so tired of winter clothing I go bananas. But it's fun for now.
One more week, and Andrew will come home for Fall break. Another week after that, I will have finished my first 2 college courses and get my fall break. I'm excited. :)
1 comment:
YAY FOR FALL BREAK ;)
~Delian
Post a Comment