Tuesday, which is my one day off from work, we decided to spend the day in Ithaca/Cayuga Lake. I had to stay up late Monday to work ahead in school, but I really wanted to spend the time with the family/Andrew. We had an awesome day. One of the best in a while, I think. We stopped at the Ithaca Bakery on the way up and got some bagels (with fresh strawberry cream cheese) and special breads for lunch. We took them to Taughannock Park, ate, and played on all the fun, spinny, dangerous playground equipment. Then we hiked the mile out to Taughannock waterfall. It was nice to be there on a day when there were hardly any people.
After hiking we went into Ithaca and did some shopping, got fixings for supper at Wegmans and then got home at 5:30. It was a nice day off.
Wednesday to Thursday was school and work...Andrew had Chris Woody over for a couple days, and it was nice to have him around. Though I didn't exactly see him very much, except for meals, because of my crazy schedule (it still seems weird to have my own schedule).
Today was my last day of school for a whole 8 days, counting weekends!! I finished my first two college classes....and got A's in both of them, which I was very thankful for. It proved that I'm not some nincompoop home schooler. It's probably a case of low self-confidence, but for some reason I always think that everyone else is waaaay smarter than me. Especially the public schoolers. I think they must be brilliant. But no. Turns out, just because I was home schooled doesn't mean I got off easy education wise. Judging by what I saw of the other students during graded discussion boards, and remarks made by the professor, I'm doing okay education wise for a 17 year old. So thanks Mom. And Dad.
No comments:
Post a Comment