Saturday, October 30, 2010

Prophetic Stars

I went back to school this week. The break was great, but I'm glad to be doing my new courses (philosophy and english 2). English 2, even though it is categorized as "one of the hardest courses you'll take during your 4 year Liberty experience" (thus said LU Head of the English Department), is going to be fun, I think. Or at least interesting. English 1 was mind-numbing, dealing with all the basics of writing and grammar and technique--things that I have learned just by being an avid blogger. English 2, on the other hand, will focus more on the artistic aspects of writing. Which means it's including miles of pages of reading from this brick-like anthology, but I'm okay with that. I think. If I keep the right mindset everything should be fine. And, I'm taking the advice of the Head english person who said: (and I don't really think this makes very much sense, just the way it's worded, but I like it anyway and have it taped to the wall)

"When chasing bears you have several choices: you can ignore the bear, you can run from the bear, or you can hunt the bear."

English 2 is obviously the bear, but I think it should be stated "when bears are chasing YOU, you have several choices:...etc". Just my opinion. If there is one thing english 1 taught me it was to have an opinion.

Anyway, this week at work went great, despite the fact that it was CRAZY. At one point, we had 9 patients AT THE SAME TIME and it was just me (the only tech), 2 PTs and a PTA. To make it worse, one of the patients was a young boy, and his exercises involve throwing/catching/kicking balls down the middle of the room. Talk about mayhem. I only got whammed in the head once though, which was ideal. However, even though it was crazy, I felt like I handled it with some measure of "I totally know what I'm doing." Which I definitely haven't felt like these past 12 weeks that I've worked there. There are just so many hundreds of exercises, and details, and ways to do things, and machines (that all look like torture devices and could probably kill someone if you pressed the wrong button) that have to be operated. And all the time you are doing that you have to remain calm, and personal, and smile, and make small talk. But it's not quite so hard any more. Thank God.

This evening we are having the Spano's and Kunzman's over for our sometimes-monthly biblical-fellowship get-together. We are watching The Star of Bethlahem, which is a documentary about a guy who discovered (re-discovered, made known his findings to the public, more accurately) all these connections that the stars and constellations have to Jesus' birth. And how the stars have been prophetic. It's so cool. We watched it first 2 years ago with the Cornfield's and Efthimiou's, then ordered it almost right away after that from Amazon. But it was back ordered (only a few copies of the dvd had been made) for a looooong time so we didn't get it until last year sometime, and then we wanted to watch it around Christmas so we waited....

So we are watching it tonight. With popcorn. Yes.

P.S. do you like my blog's makeover? I thought it was time for a change of layout, as well as the title.

4 comments:

Delian said...

O! I love the new blog look :) Its very you and yes, it is nice for a change once in a while (since we're changing constantly, our blog should keep up with that :P )

I'm sure you will do splendidly in your new English course! I've heard you're probably a top student ;)
Am I surprised?
Not at all ;)

Also, I was just at your school...I didn't want to leave, I'll have a post about it soon! :)

The Bethlehem Star movie inspired my life in so many ways! Totally cried the first time I watched it...and it's challenged me to try and discover things about stars and prophecies, and ANYTHING that I might have preconceptions on about the Bible.

:) :) I hope you had a great weekend <3

~DelianJayce

mattea kiriel said...

Good! I was hoping you'd post about your weekend in VA! Especially about Liberty!

gosh, has my mom been bragging on me?? *blush*

Anonymous said...

I as well like the new look. =) And I absolutely loved The Bethlehem Star.

<3

dem...

Josiah said...

Yay for avid blogging!

So you be in college now? (spoken in my best black voice)

I'm in a little community college a few miles from home that is sorta crappy in a good way if that makes sense.