Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Five Years

As of today, I have had this blog for five years. The past two years I have been looking forward to this day, and had a plan to write some special, long drawn out, commemorative post, but since today I have already written about 1500 words for my english term paper (about Oedipus being a tragic hero, if you wanted to know), I am going to keep this brief.

Five years. That is a long time, considering it's just under 1/3 of my entire life here on earth so far.

A third of my life has been recorded. Set securely (or not so securely) in cyber space. Maybe no one will ever be interested in what I have written. Personally, I think the first couple years of my blog are narcissistic (and very poorly written), and probably not worth reading. But they are important to me, despite. I've grown a lot (I don't mean the extra 9 inches of height I've added), and life has changed a lot since I started this blog. A lot has happened. Much of it has been painful, and this blog has given me something to hold on to; it's been a tool I can use to remind myself of Who is really important, and Who is in control. Also a lot of it has also been wonderful, and happy, and I'm so glad I have those memories to look back on and gain another smile or a laugh from them even years after they have happened. My blog has been a place where I can rant when I'm indignant about anything from political campaigns to my hair to school to tests to...you name it, I've probably ranted about it. My blog has been a place where I send out prayer requests, and unravel (very untidily) theological conundrums. My blog has been a place where I can just write and write and write when I have had seemingly nothing better to do.

My blog has been just plain fun to have. It's faces have changed several times, what with names, and color schemes and what not. It started out as "Never in Doubt, Often Wrong" then changed to "Walking On Sunshine" then there may have been one other but I think "Everybody Went West, I Went North" was next. Now it is "My Small Rebellions." It's first color was pink, then brown with some orange/pinkish floral type design, then a back ground of colorful paintbuckets to be random, and now a photo I took on Whiteface Mt., of little white flowers growing between the craggy rocks, at over 5,000 ft elevation. They have their own small rebellion going on living way up there.

So my blog has changed over the past 5 years. I have changed. But may we both ever change to be more and more glorifying to God...

Here's to the next five years!

Happy 5th Anniversary, blog!!

And I guess this ended up being decently long after all. All well, my blog has been good to me. It deserves some recognition. :-)

Cheers!

5 comments:

mattea kiriel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mattea kiriel said...

this is Isaac, mattea signed in on the computer I use and I tried to delete the comment I made but it doesn't just go away! Happy Anniversary blog, I've hacked you!!!

Isaac said...

Sorry about that lol!

mattea kiriel said...

I was like...wow I didn't know I left a comment...

Isaac said...

short term memory loss....... who am I?