I am currently eating mint chip ice cream out of the box with a fork. The fork, because all the spoons are dirty and mid-cycle in the dishwasher. The box, not because we are out of bowels, but because there was only like a half a cup left to eat in one corner. So I figured I'd do it justice.
I am also currently trying (and failing rather miserably) not be anxious about the semester starting on Monday. Two days ago the classes became available online so you can get accustomed to the lay-out and whatnot before school actually starts. It also allows you to see how much work you are going to have to do for the whole 8-week class. Letting me see that is not a good thing. Cause I get overwhelmed, and immediately think I will fail (not just get a C and still pass, but that I'd actually get an F), because I'm only 17 and I was home schooled, and I have to try REALLY hard to get good grades. I keep on telling myself that since I got all A's last semester, it means the worst I could do would be to get all B's this semester. Right? Right. I think.
I need to stop thinking. I will conquer this semester one day at a time. I shall say, like Martin Luther, that there are only 2 days on my calendar: this day, and THAT day. And I'll take each day as it comes. And it won't be as hard as my brain thinks it will be. Yes, they will be challenging. But I shall conquer them. I have plenty of time. All day, every day. (I am so glad I stopped working, btw. I would be in the ER right now from a racing heart if I hadn't.) Just like a normal college student who goes to school, and lives there so they can be devoted mostly to it.
I shall prevail.
This past week nothing happened. Aside from the gas well. And aside from Misha getting diagnosed with strep, and sanna getting diagnosed with bacterial pneumonia. Poor things. Sanna is going bananas not being allowed out in the 6 inches of snow. I think this is the first time none of us have enjoyed the first big snow of the winter. I mean, I enjoy the idea of it, and it looks so beautiful, but none of us have gone outside to sled, or ski, or anything, since we've all had colds and the moment we breathe cold air we start hacking our heads off. And that sounded really bad, cause I mean "hacking" as in "coughing," not..."chopping" as that sentence made it out to sound.
It has been cozy being at home all week, at least. I sort of decided 1 week into Christmas break not to read any novels, just because it's easy to lose myself in them, and become discontent with "the real world." So I really didn't read anything for a while (because we were actually busy the first two weeks of break hahaha), then I picked up Brother Andrew's autobiography "God's Smuggler" which was really inspiring. Now I'm just finishing "In Light of Eternity" for the second time. The first time I read it I was 13, so since I have memory problems, it was great to read again, because it is so encouraging.
2 comments:
Poor Mattea. :( Poor all of you! My roommate just got sick. Ugh. I'm tired of sickness, but at least I'm not a voice major. That would really stink.
Is your mom better?
Ooooo, God's Smuggler. Good one.
I'll try to be on skype often, in case you want to talk about everything!
<3 you.
I went out yesterday, it was really good sledding! (You can tell by the way I smugly looked at all the sick people in our house as I went down our driveway doing lazy circles on an inner-tube!)
Post a Comment