Saturday, March 19, 2011

Legit Spring Break

One and a half bags of flour, a pound of butter, a half dozen eggs, and a bunch of other ingredients later, means we now have a dozen cranberry orange scones and four loves of Italian bread. It has been a busy afternoon. But I love being in the kitchen after not using it for weeks. It's pathetic, because as I went through it today baking, I was constantly asking where is this and where is that...awful. Maybe I'll be in it more this semester. It might not be as bad as last. I don't know though because for some reason I registered for another class, so once again it will be like taking 18 credits. I guess the reason is that since I worked at PT, I'm down a class so I figured I should add it in now, when I know that being busy shouldn't get too in the way of life. For the forseeable next 8 weeks, we will be stuck in our driveway, not going anywhere much.

I'm also down one math class, so I'll probably take another coure over the summer to open up room for that. Something about us wilbers and math, I guess. Last year when I was doing the Liberty placement tests I aced the English one, but of the two math tests I only passed the first one. Wich got me out of math 100, so I should be thankful for that. I have to take math 110 though (intermediate algebra) as the prerequisit for math 115, which is the math class that counts for my major. It is not fair that I have to take a 3 credit, $900 course and not get any grad points for it! All well. So these next 8 weeks I'll be taking European history, sociology, and bible. I think history will be neat, bible fun, and sociology I'll just get through with a smile on my face. Even if it is a forced smile. I am feeling very confidant though, and not anxious, which is amazing. At the beginning of last semester I was a wreak because I thought for sure I would fail fail FAIL! (think Agent Cody Banks 1 drivers Ed scene). But, muahahahahaa, I didn't.

Guess what!? It is legitimately spring break because I got a sunburn yesterday! It is awesome! We did lawn work all afternoon yesterday (okay fine I admit I did lay in the sun for an hour but after that I seriously helped the kids a lot). Of course, it was actually only 58 out, and the wind was rather cool, but the sun is truly closer because my face is red and stingy/burny today, and my hands as well (why my hands and not my arms too I'm not sure). We picked up all the sticks in the yard, scooped up Bella bombs, raked leftover leaves, threw rocks from the lawn back into the driveway because they had been plowed into the grass, and picked up litter from our lovely gas well men. If they pay us, they can throw their beer and energy drink cans in our yard all they want!

Now it is snowing. So much for our nice weather.

The Spanos are coming over this evening for supper. With Lizzy and Danielle in college in TX, it is sort of lonely when they come over now, but we (er, I, I guess) make the best of it. It's sad how people have to move away and make their own lives. One reason why I would like to live a thousand years ago is so everyone would have to stay within a few miles of where they were born. Haha, though other than that, I'm quite happy to live in this age of doctors and technology. If I had to live BC however, I would want to be Greek or Mycenaean. Preferbaly of Hebrew lineage so I could go to heaven,but part of the Greek culture so I could enjoy their ingenuity. Random Mattea fact for you :-).

1 comment:

Isaac said...

I would already be married if we lived in B.C. Greece and in a few months I could be a general, 'Isaac the Great' does have a ring to it...