Sunday, March 27, 2011

Frolicking

This first week of school was definitely better than last subterm's first week of school. It still takes a ton of time, so pretty much the only thing I do all week is school and eat and sleep, but it isn't as stressful. Which is a good thing. Plus, I didn't have to do any school this weekend except study a little. Getting the weekend off is a big help. It also helped that the weekend was fun :).

Saturday afternoon, after cleaning, we sat around for a good hour and randomly reminisced (we were a little bored I guess, though for the most part the weekend really was fun) about last summer's vacation.  I like reminiscing, but when the topic is on warm weather and lakes, it is not such a good idea with so much snow still on the ground. As I keep telling myself though, it will get warmer. It will. Besides, its only March!

Then dad made pizza for the younger crowd, and mom, dad, and I headed up to Gang Mills to the hello/goodbye party for the Jesses, since the air force is taking them on an adventure to Germany. There was a nice houseful of people, good old Anielios pizza, and a lot of fun conversation. The problem is, it is going to be harder to have them gone now, because I'm emotionally attached to Lily and Sammy! And yes, I'll miss Jesse and Jessica too. Though babies always take precedence.      

This morning was church and afterward all the fam went to Wegmans with the Slacks and some other people, and I went to Atlas (there was a pizza theme this weekend--but when is there not a pizza theme?) with Bethany (who I have missed so much) and Alex, and about a million other people from church. Come to think of it, we might as well just have church there. Hahaha

Then we came home, and made raw coconut milk-vanilla-cinnamon-smoothie things with a coconut that Siobhan gave us. Something about positive reinforcement she said....lol

Then Isaac convinced mom to go for a walk, even though mom had said she wasn't going for another walk until it was above 40 out. So Misha and I went with them, and it wasn't all that bad since the sun is out, though there was a lot of traffic. Including people from the home church which had met just a mile from us this morning, so some of them kept stopping and talking to us at the most dangerous parts of the road to stop your car. All well. A little excitement is always good. And when there were finally no cars, we frolicked down the hill towards home. Isaac said I was skipping, not frolicking, but I think they are one and the same, as long as you are skipping in a happy manner. Frolicking is just more fun to say.

Isaac just made chocolate chip cookies so I'm going now. And this post is officially too short and pathetic so I'll add some links to the text above so you can make your time coming here worthwhile.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Very Nice! I even really like your links too :)