"I know men and I tell you that Jesus Christ is no mere man. Between Him and every other person in the world there is no possible term of comparison. Alexander, Caesar, Charlemagne, and I founded empires. But on what did we rest the creations of our genius? Upon force. Jesus Christ founded His empire upon love; and at this hour millions of people would die for Him." --Napoleon Bonaparte
Love.
It's the most amazing thing ever.
It is because of His love that, even though I've done nothing to deserve it, I have the honor to be one of those millions who would, at this hour, die for Him. And if you are not one those...you can be.
The second thing....is not profound. It is just nice and random. As I was writing my essay today, thinking of the way Athenian and American democracy are similar, I was...doodling. Hey--it's a fact--smart people doodle. And I was playing with the word "American"....and this is what I found.
AMerIcAN
Start in the middle with the "I", read the caps on the left, then read the caps on the right. Then read the whole thing straight across.
I am an American.
It is another honor. This is one of the few countries that I can worship in freely. That I can have this blog post proclaiming the Savior's love for you.
Good night world.
5 comments:
dear mattea,
please know that you inspire me...this post inspires me to go and read my Bible, to pray, and laugh and sing...
and please also know that I love you dearly <3
Good post mattea! I like the AmerIcAN thing lol! but you had better trademark it quick! :)
I'm thinking t-shirts?
wonderful post, wonderful idea, Mattea! Let's do it.
Are you using a book for your history class?
Yup. It is called Western "Civilization: Ideas, Politics, and Society" Volume 1: to 1789.
The main author is Perry. I also read online articles though, and watch powerpoint lectures, and the occasional Youtube video. It is funny, because whenever you go to watch the youtube video they have this thing that comes up "warning, you are leaving Liberty's website and we are no longer responsible for what you see and hear." Or something to that extent anyway.
Post a Comment