Once upon a time, there lived a young girl who was very happy to see a bluish sky and greenish grass return. She began to hope that summer and sunshine and freedom really were on the way, she just had to be patient.
There, got that out of my system. I've been wanting to start something with "once upon a time" for a while now, and decided now was as good a time as any. Though the urge probably has something to do with Tangled being my favorite movie at present haha.
Also in the wonderful world of entertainment...Peter Furler has not abandoned us. He will have a new single for sale in a few days, and I don't think that is the last we will hear from him. This is making me very happy because I miss his voice rather terribly. Michael Tait is awesome and all that, but Peter is the one who made the Newsboys the Newsboys with his incredible voice.
Nothing much happened this week except I feel more and more like I am related to Kit Kittredge (also a favorite movie)...that American Girl who "lived" in the 30s. When I was little, I emulated her as much as possible. She is the reason I cut my hair up to my chin. She is the reason I wanted to live in the attic of our house. She is the reason I thought it was so cool to have people rent out the Inn. They were like our "boarders." Well, I continue to draw a lot of similarities between us, even if I'm 18 and she is 9. First, we have chickens, and are building a coop for them today. I already see myself scootering up and down the lane selling eggs to the neighbors (Hannah are you laughing yet?). And then there is the fact that we are going to sell Holly (mom's little mercedes), and the q7 has been impounded up in Ithaca at the Audi dealership (a long and painful story that makes me mad at our insurance who said they would definitely pay for it...and then didn't). Kit was also determined that her writing would save her family's house...and her older brother Charlie had to go get a job out West, and soon Andrew will be going to his internship in Lebanon....I could keep drawing comparisons, but I'll stop. I'll just say it's a good thing chicken feed doesn't come in a cloth sack anymore, otherwise you know what I'd be wearing.
On the sunny-side up side of the egg, I'm alive, God's alive, and life could be worse. In the words of that 20s song: "Not much money, oh but honey, ain't we got fun." So some fun was last night when we went for a walk, and came back on the gas pipeline, this huge newly bulldozed path that runs through all our and our neighbors' land. We jumped barbed-wire fences and plastic sheeting, and pretended the INS was after us.
More "normal" fun was last sunday afternoon. Isaac Maryah and I went with the Slack kids, Jenn and Alex to Eric and Maria's Market st. apartment after church and played Dutch blitz and made pizza, and admired Eric's pottery and Maria's paintings. I didn't think I was good at dutch blitz, because whenever I would play with people from the home church (who are killer good at it) I would make my team die. I guess they hardened me up though, because Mariah and I did pretty good, coming in second. Somehow Maryah and Brooke won though, with 50 points more than us. The supercool thing was simply that we were in an upstairs apartment on Market St. First of all, its a great place if you are a spy, and second of all, I've always had a fantasy of living there. I'm not sure how long I'd last if I actually did, because there is something about needing the woods right next door, but I think living right at the center of town would be a whole new experience in itself, and different enough that you really couldn't compare it to country life.
3 comments:
Wow. That is an amazing list of similarities. Again I say wow. I love how you wrote it, too.
But I wonder...is it possible to scooter on your lane? Then I remember, it's paved now! Wow. Oh wow.
I sound like Digger Digwillow, haha.
<3
Glad to hear the chickens are doing well :)
I miss jumping over barbed wire fences.
I could handle living in corning, I would find a way up to the top of the buildings and do parqour!
Post a Comment