I sort of wish every sunday could be Easter sunday, but then I wonder, is that like wishing every day was your birthday? I rather think not because I have a feeling heaven might be just a little like Easter...in the joy and worship aspects anyway.
Needless to say, church was fantastic. The song selection was the best, and Mr. Snapp's message was really good too. And I am running out of adjectives... :P
It has been a rather wild easter though, because we had the first bear of the season. And a huge bear at that. I didn't see it (I was responsibly in bed by 10:15...okay okay it was more because I was tired from the night before, not because I felt some conviction that church was the next day...lol) but Dad said it was probably 600 pounds. Bella was going crazy barking, but it didn't phase the bear at all. In fact, she came on the deck and ate Bella's dog food. Then, it grabbed a 50 lb. bag of wood pellets from the back of the pick up truck, and carried it between its teeth into the woods (why, I don't know). Then it tore apart the honey frames we had left out to clean (we processed honey Saturday and got 2 gallons!). It also got into the garbage, and made a nice icky mess for dad to clean up this morning.
Then, when we were eating (way too much) dinner with my grandparents and aunt and uncle, they said the bear had been on their porch too, and gotten into the bird feeder. Which caused grandma to recall talking to someone who raises cows, and the neighbor had said a bear came this past week and carried off one of their 120 lb. calfs! It killed and ate it. Which is a scary thought, because that means it could carry off me! Or any of my siblings. Which subsequently is annoying, because THAT means we won't be able to go into the woods by ourselves.....I've had my share of bear encounters (click here), but I don't want to run into a cow-eating bear.
Friday, after a week of too much school that I was happy to be done with, I drove (!) up to the Snapps for Bible study. Mom and dad were so funny. It's a good thing I'm sticking around these here parts, because I don't know what they would do if I ever went away to college. Call me every hour to make sure I was okay, I guess. Anyway, we had a nice group of people--eight of us all together, so it classified as a legitimate small group since the webs of interconnectivity were kept to a minimum. Bethany and I happily discussed this (we have both just studied groups in college lol) until we were shushed since we were starting. We read through Romans, which was really good considering it was Good Friday, and considering Romans is just always a good book. After 3 hours, we had read and discussed through chapter 12, and then just read straight through to the end since our brains were tired (or at least mine was anyway. I seriously felt like I had done a calisthenic exercise). It worked out well though, since it mostly doctrine up through 11, and then more application/easier to understand for the rest. Afterwards we sat around and talked, and figured out it is relatively true that there is a lull in the conversation every 7 minutes.
I slept over with Jenn, because I had no desire to face drunken gas workers on a Friday night at 11. Actually, though, the whole driving thing went well. In fact, it was fun. lol (which sounds so pathetic coming from someone who has had their license for 5 months--shouldn't I know that by now?)
Haha, and Isaac just walked past me with his paint ball gun. Apparently he has plans for that bear...
2 comments:
I do have PLANS for that bear, and PETA will hate me for it.
well we won't tell them, will we? ahha. I'm imagining a rainbow-splattered bear showing up at Grandma's house. lol.
I want to SEE you! When does your summer start?
Post a Comment