Certain springtime things are predictable, which is nice when so much changes from year to year. For instance, the first nice day, out comes the chainsaw. There is always some tree (or two or three or four) that has to come down, and Dad loves doing it. So yesterday you can guess what happened. Several trees came down, one of which was rather sad though because it was 130 years old. Granted, it had been mostly dead for the past 10 years and was rather a hazard, and for a lack of a Miracle Max to administer a chocolate covered ball of health, it really did need to come down. But I am still in mourning.
Every year we also push the woods back just a little more from our house, like we are trying to domesticate it or something. I suppose we actually would if we lived here for several hundred years, because we gain several feet of yard and lose several feet of forest each spring.
In other news, Andrew is home!!!! We have him for a whole two weeks until he leaves for Lebanon. So tomorrow we are having somewhat of a party for him, and tonight we are making pizza! Which is quite fun. Actually, I don't make them, but it LOOKS fun. Haha, I just do the dishes.
And...only six more days until I am no longer a freshman!!!!
Just had to throw that in there...
In other not so good news, three of our six chickens are ROOSTERS! I am quite upset. First of all, they all got so big we had to rename them because we didn't know who was who anymore. Then, we find out three of them are BOYS! Who wants boy chickens??? The sign at tractor supply specifically said we were buying LAYING chickens. Boys don't lay eggs. So I might sue.
Never mind, pizza is ready so the lawsuit plans will have to wait for now...
5 comments:
I'll give my own remedy too the rooster problem in my next post!
Haha, I thought it was funny that I was back for less than a day and I was already helping cut down a tree. Seems like that's usually how it is.
That is crazy that three of the chickens are males. I guess you will just have have some drumsticks in the future.
Love you blog! check out mine: www.dairyqueencarly.blogspot.com Stylish Blog Award!
I just might have to go vegetarian if that happens. Though I suppose I can't now that mom and dad are into this protein thing...
NO NO AND NO! (Thats for the 3 "roosters") Did you not hear what I said about them possibly being silver-pencil-lined plymouth rock and the smaller ones are possibly bantams??? I still refuse to accept my beauties, my ladies, my chicks as roosters...yuck.
Post a Comment