I successfully signed my soul away yesterday. Okay, it's just the summer part of my soul. And even then it's only a section of the summer part. In other words, I registered for a single college class, made the 529 transfer, and ordered books from Amazon. So my sophomore year begins on June 27, with a communications class, and I won't have another break until mid-October, since the 8 week sub-terms collide with each other. It could be worse though, and I am really going to try hard and enjoy it since it will just be one class. It looks like a good class to take by itself, however, because it appears pretty intense. Just because there is a 101 stuck after the COMS does not mean it is going to be easy, as I found out with biology 101.
It should also be good to get some structure to my day again. It's easy to get stuck in the run-tan-read-write-eat-sleep dynamic. Honestly, it's a dynamic I like a lot. But a little education won't kill me, and shouldn't destroy my comfortable routine. Besides, people always think you are so dedicated when you say you are taking college during the summer. Haha.
Also, for the record, I am no longer majoring in General Studies. Instead, my current major is Interdisciplinary Studies. It's the exact same thing, they just changed the name. And if you ask me, it's a heck of a lot cooler name. It sounds official.
And right at the moment I am driving myself crazy. After getting some corkboard for another one of mom's great ideas, we stopped at Ulta and I tried on a billion different perfumes. Okay, it was five, but I smell like....I tried on five different perfumes. Which is the problem. Actually, the real problem is I dislike all of them except the one on my right lower arm, and I can't remember which one that is! I think it was Philosophy's "Eternal Grace" (yeah, I brand myself with Christian-lingo scents), but I'm not positive. Not that it matters, because perfume isn't exactly on the top of my "must spend money on this" list.
Something interesting: last night I was left at the house all alone. Completely alone. Mom took the younger girls to art class, and dad took Isaac and Maryah to youth group. So it was just me with my dog, sitting on the porch typing away at the computer during the magnificently hot evening. That may seem funny to write about, but when there are 7 or 8 people living at your house, there is always either more than one person at home, or no one at all. So that was the first time I had been all alone at home in literally years.
Honestly, I liked it. Bella and I had a great time bonding (as in, I let her sit next to me on the wicker couch and petted her a total of 4 times), and I enjoyed the relative quiet, since the gas people were still very much in my field. Actually, the pipleline crew mostly finished yesterday, and I must say they put everything back in order beautifully. The giant mountains of soil they had plowed up to bury the pipe have been smoothed over and the ground raked. They even planted organic grasses for us. Very nicely done.
No comments:
Post a Comment