Friday, July 01, 2011

Take Two

After reading Andrew's comment to my post on fear heightening beauty, and his quoting William Blake's poem that it reminded him of, it made me think...I should write my own poem about it to do the idea justice instead the sketchy, free written blog post I did on it. I got pretty excited right away, but what I was feeling was so intense that I couldn't translate my feelings into words. Which can be so exasperating, because you feel on the brink of something amazingly beautiful...but you can't capture it. All you can do is feel it, which is great, but feelings have the potential of being selfish, and need to be shared. So feelings need to be put into words. Well, that morning I got the first 3 lines down, but I couldn't convey anything else (which is usually what happens. I haven't written any decent poetry in years...and even when I did, it was only decent for my age...which was young). So I kind of forgot about it, what with school, but the idea must have been subconsciously percolating because it came together today in a burst (well, it took two hours so it was a slow burst haha). I ended up with the following, which I have given the nice obvious title of "Fear Heightens Beauty." And it is for Andrew, since he pretty much inspired it:

*removed because dad keeps saying something about not having it public until we get the copyright* :P

1 comment:

Halifirien Pilgrim said...

Simply wonderful!