From my bedroom, right now I can hear Maryah in the living room playing Silent Night on her cello. Misha, Sanna, and my grandpa are singing along. It's all rather off key, but I like it. The sound reminds me of family in general. We're never going to get it together, but at least we're singing the same song. Don't have too many expectations and perhaps...maybe...there's a possibility...you'll be surprised that at times it sounds something just shy of decent (insert one more qualifier here).
Something else I haven't been able to get together recently are my thoughts. The fact that I've been busy is, though true, not an excuse for not writing. The main problem, I suppose, is that when I'm at work I easily shut out reality, but when a day off rolls around it all comes tumbling in and leaves me with a lot to work with. Kind of like when you dump a puzzle out of the box: by the time you get all the pieces turned over and sorted you've lost motivation to actually start putting it together. (If I'm the only one who loses motivation like that when doing a puzzle then maybe it's not such a good metaphor.)
And...I just remembered I forgot to reschedule my dentist appointment. Again. I've been meaning to do that for a week now. It was set up six months ago when I had my last cleaning, but even though it had first dibs on my day, work now takes precedence. Of course, it will only get pushed off another two weeks, because even though I start working full time next week, pretty soon I'll be resigning (such a nice, official word that replaces the harsh truth: "quitting").
There. Now that I've written about that dentist appointment on my blog, perhaps I'll remember to call them tomorrow and move it.
Since it's still rather impossible for me to write about anything other than dentist appointments and their un-profound like, I suppose I'll keep babbling about what I've been up to recently. Mostly, it's Christmas stuff. Even getting together with friends for a purpose not Christmas oriented, it's still because of Christmas that we can because a lot of people have arrived home for winter break. I'm starting to think it will be nice to leave along with them when the time comes. Being 19 and not in school still feels...weird. Thankfully it's a feeling that will soon be remedied, even if it's replaced with that stressful, overwrought feeling that accompanies 12 hours straight of pure homework.
At least it has the capacity to be healthy stress, though (right, Haliferin?).
The one part of college life that I was pre-stressed about got taken care of last week. Grant called to ask me if he could transfer me from my church history class to fine arts, since only one other student had signed up for history and it didn't make sense, fiscally, to ship a prof. over the Atlantic just for two of us. I said sure, and decided it was a depressing phone call because I had been super duper excited about that class, and I've already taken humanities with Liberty. However, as we continued chatting, the call turned sunny side up because he mentioned that this semester, for something like the first time, all the other students are girls. So what I was worried about won't even be there. Haha. When I actually stop laughing about it, it's only to whisper a prayer of gratitude. (Go ahead and laugh at me.)
The good news is, I am feeling more grateful, in general, than I did back at Thanksgiving. Today, I am thankful I'm alive, and that the worn out tie rods on Harry that my inspector dude discovered did not completely break while I was driving. When I found out Harry failed the inspection, I felt a little like a mother whose beloved child just failed kindergarten. However, a friend pointed out it's more like my kid just broke their arm like lots of other kids do. So I shall accept this, and refrain from feeling chagrined. Besides, what can one expect from 12 years and 103,000 miles? Yes, it may be cute and I may have a ginormous crush on it, but it does not give me liberty to expect the world from it.
For cars are just cars.
And humans are just human.
["And a cat is a person" if you wanna catch a Dick Van Dyke reference and end this on a more humorous note]
1 comment:
Ohhhhh, poor Harry!
Hope he's feeling better. :)
Post a Comment