We had a wonderful vacation in Hampton. Though I admit it would have been neat if we could have stayed a little longer...But that is really ok. When we actually get back I realize how there's really "no place like home":-). I guess Andrew had a blast at the history conference-Mom and Dad were saying that for the rest of the Summer if they ever need something interesting to talk about they can just talk to him-hehe. Andrew was at the conference all day long so while he was there we went to the beach (which was really cool). We visited historical Williamsburg, which was loads of fun even though it was 90 out. There were lots of people dressed like they would in the 1700's. Plus Horses and carriages (Which I loved). We also went to a candy store and got lots of yummy chocolates.:o)....hehehe.
One day when we were out for a drive we saw this really nice house that was for sale. Then we started thinking about how we could start an SGC down there.....but don't worry my Mom and Dad (and the rest of us) like to pretend that we are moving somewhere really nice to like a $600,000-$1,500,000 house...lol. (yeah well, one of my Dad's hobbies is planning additions on our house:o) Its fun just to pretend anyways...So now you know another of our family secrets.:^)
What was really cool is how NICE all the people were! And I mean EVERYONE! From the hotel attendants to restaurant people to people at the beach they were all so warm and friendly. (So that was half the reason we "were" going to move down there :-)
Another totally cool thing was being able to see my Dad's VA beach home that he lived in as a kid! Seeing that was awesome-it kind of made his childhood seem more real. We also got to see his old school-which he said caught on fire once-thankfully it was ok though.
On our way to VA Beach we had to go through the Chesapeake Bay bridge tunnel. I almost held my breath for the entire thing-I only had like 300ft more but I know that if I had tried I would have past out.
I think the best way to some up the rest of the vacation is just one word-FUN!
1 comment:
Hey Mattea - I'm glad you had a great trip!!!
Silent Cry: I left you a comment on my blog post!
~ME
Post a Comment