Friday, August 18, 2006

Lots & Lots & Lots

of stuff has been going on. And sorry its been so long since I've updated. Now the funny thing is, even though lots of stuff has been going on, when I want to tell people about it, it all blends together into one thing and then I don't know where to start. I guess the best place to start is what has been going on recently. Mon-Wednesday all the guys were gone because Dad was doing an Ag Progress Days in State College. So it turned into a fun 3 days of going to the mall, eating at McDonald's (which we never do and I don't want to see another one of their cheeseburgers for a year) watching Chick-Flicks, and doing all that stuff you get to do when the boys aren't home. And even though I missed them, I was sorry to have it come to an end. I think the only thing we didn't do (because Misha, Maryah, and Sanna wouldn't have been so interested) was have a good time of BFF. Which, I know, technically stands for Best Friends Forever, but in this case stands for Biblical feminine Fellowship. But the best friends forever really goes hand in hand with it.:o) Anyways, Mom and I have lots of BFF whenever I go on a walk with her. And since she goes everyday I go with her a number of times. Ummmmm...I'm thinking...We got our pool up (finally) and, even though its REALLY cold, its been fun to swim in it. Dad says that he's going to hook it (the pool) up to our aqua-therm so we can swim in it through (hopefully) October. Last year Walmart actually ran out of pool filter so it went bad by the end of July. So this year Mom stocked up. But I don't think we'll have to worry about them running out this year because now that they are competing with Target they are completely redoing everything. Its pretty cool because now they have "neater" clothes then they did before:o)...........LOL. I can't believe that its already the middle of Aug.! Normally we would be starting school soon but this year we aren't starting till September 11th.(yay, now we will have two reasons to mourn). Speaking of September 11th, I just found out yesterday that some 400 years ago on September 11th the Muslims lost a battle (or something like that). So they are still trying to avenge us...talk about holding a grudge.....also a few days ago when England stopped all those plane bombings, the date was 8/10-which is one digit lower then 9/ll. And Enough of all the political stuff.
Several days ago I had a sort of revelation while on a walk. We were enjoying all the flowers and it just hit me that isn't it so amazing how God made it so that we will always have flowers in the Summer? Like how when the daisies die the brown-eyed susans come out and so on and so on. Which makes it so we always have flowers! Which I think is totally awesome.
A question to end this post that I have been wondering about for some time: Does anyone know what place the Teal team came in this YC?
L8R,
Mattea

6 comments:

Joy said...

nope about teal I mean

Tai Sophia said...

Nice posts - long posts are good - I do them all the time!
;)

Teal...I didn't know anyone on teal so I didn't pay really close attention, but they were doing pretty good towards the beginning of YC...I would say I think they were between 6th and 3rd place somewhere...but I'm not 100% sure.

~Tai

Delian said...

I know that teal team was beside me in formation. but other then that. no clue.

mattea kiriel said...

Thanks anyways!

bethany said...

mattea, let me just say that i really like you. but also that i'm extemely happy you got to have fun with the girls. three cheers for getting an extended summer... wish i was that lucky :)

mattea kiriel said...

You rock my world Bethany!