The E-Team is here and I am "officially" part of it! Meaning I am really tired from only getting 4 hours of sleep on Thursday night, and 6 (ok, maybe 7) hours last night. I slept with the Cornfields though Mrs. Jeror was our (Andrew was there too, not like you didn't know that or anything but just for the sake of the blog) "caretaker". And she did an awesome job! (Natalie did a great job too). Yesterday really early we met at Centerway Park and had a wonderful time of worship. But it was FREEZING! Then we went to the Holiday Inn and washed 65 cars. Though I was actually on signs the entire time. What was really cool is that even though every car that passed didn't turn in, (which is a good thing-we'd have never been able to wash THAT many cars) 3/4 of the people that passed smiled! About 5 people honked at us (in a good way) and several would wave.
So after 4 hours of car washing I was pretty tired (and extremely cold). But then Jesse A. Picked us (Andrew, Jenn and I) up and we went up to the "hill of Corning" and ran (literally) 3 blocks up one street then 3 blocks back another street sticking invitations to the Community Fair in every house we passed. But then Jesse made up for it by treating us all to something at McDonald's. Then we went to Market Street and met up with Tai, Dell, and Josh. After handing out free popcorn and drinks we ran (once again literally) back to Jesse's car and went to Walmart to get soda, plates, napkins etc. for the pizza party. Mr. Baumbauker (I've given up on his name) gave us a little training on evangalizing.
Went back to the Cornfields around 8:00 then played freezetag with Anna, Dem, Jenn, Jordan, Daniel, Tai, Ben, Dell, and if I forgot you sorry. Watched Chicken Little then went to bed at about 11:30.
Now to today. Lots of people came out to the Community Fair even though it was cold and rainy for half the time. That's including people who we had given free stuff to on Market St. the day before. Some of us from Silent Cry performed the mime "Who am I?" and I must say everyone did a great job and thanks to Andrew and Daniel who performed with us even though they didn't particularly want to. I think God touched a lot of lives today.
And now I'm back home, just got out of a HOT bath and can't wait to see how many people we have in church tomorrow/at the picnic. And you know, these 2 days passed by really fast.
3 comments:
Alas that the E-TEAM is gone!!!
I feel your pain...
now we get nice weather. After their gone.alas!!!!!
Post a Comment