Sunday, November 05, 2006

I'm So Excited! (and that's an understatement)

Wow, so the Slacks just left (yeah they were with us this Sunday too;o) and...I'm getting ahead of myself. A few hours ago my Mom and Dad and the Slack parents went on a walk while Andrew, Jordan and I babysat. It seemed like they were on a too long of a walk for my liking-but when they got back, it was worth it. They called us all around the table and said they had an announcement to make. We were slightly disappointed when my Dad started to tell us what we were having for supper (which was, by the way, bread, cheese, salad, and grapes:^). Then he got down to business and asked us if we had any idea what the surprise was. We made several guess' (they were actually on the right track) and then Dad told us [drum roll please] "The Slacks have decided to move into the inn" (Which is what we call the house we own up the road). We all were jumping for joy and not knowing what to do or say. I still don't believe it. They are a complete answer to prayer because when I was younger I always wished that someone would either buy or rent the inn. But their was a hitch. There (1.) had to be a girl my age, (2) be homeschooled, and (3.) had to be Christians. And they by far exceed any of those expectations. And I won't feel so lonesome anymore either. In fact, just these past few weeks I've been feeling a real separation from everyone in the church. I mean, I've been able to see people twice a week but having to drive 40 minutes to get there was a real drag. And now the Slacks will be our neighbors...huh, I still don't know whether I want to laugh, cry, sing, dance, or scream. I think this will go down in history as one of the happiest days of my life. God has been so faithful to my family...Even if its sometimes so hard to see, He ALWAYS is. And I love Him so much.
GOD IS GREAT!!!

7 comments:

mattea kiriel said...

okay everyone....

its been a week and yet no comments!

Joy said...

COMMENT!!!

Anonymous said...

You just made my day Joy!!!

bethany said...

okay okay mattea let me clarify... the amount of time it takes for me to comment is no testament to the love i have for you, if it were i would check your blog every hour :)
i'm so super excited that God is blessing you in this way, and if i was gong to choose someone to live by you (and i couldn't be me) marayah slack would be right up there, she's great... and now you can practice mime together... well not really i guess considering you're in the cast and shes chorus but at least you can spur each other on!

love you
bethany

mattea kiriel said...

Hehe...you're gr8 Bethany! But she can teach me the chorus....

Anonymous said...

ooooooooohhhhhhhh.......... lucky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bethany gets props for best comment

Anonymous said...

"props" is a funny word...but it fun to say!