Thursday, February 15, 2007

Love At 1st Snow

So much for seeing you all at YSOS...but getting 2 feet of snow was definitely worth it!! It snowed ALL day yesterday (We got 2 inches an hour). Unfortunately it is now so cold that Mom won't let us out (wind chill of -20).

It was crazy waking up yesterday because I'd gone to bed with 3 inches of snow and woken up to a foot and a half. Normally we don't get Valentines day (or snow days for that matter) off, but yesterday was an exception. And it appeared that the Slacks had it off too because at 8:30 in the morning we could see them all literally just falling into the snow. So of course we had to join them. We played outside till our toes and fingers were frozen and then the girls played monopoly while the boys played Settlers of Catan. Mrs. Slack made lunch and then we all played Mafia. After that Andrew and Jordan ran down to our house to get every single Veggie Tales we owned and we had a Veggie Talesathon. Eventually we had to go down to our house where the guys surprised us with a Valentines dinner. Isaac had cut big hearts out of folded napkins and then opened them up to make place mats. He used the hearts that he'd cut out as the napkins. Then Andrew had cut red hearts and wrote a verse from Proverbs 31 on each heart. Finally, Dad had gotten ceramic heart plates for all of the girls onto which he put burgers and potato wedges (yum....yum...YUM). For dessert we had lemon sorbet with vanilla ice cream as well as some sugar cookies Mom had made earlier. Seeing as it was still snowing and getting colder by the minute Dad thought it'd be a good idea to have the Slacks down at 8:00 to watch "The Day After Tomorrow" (if haven't seen it you should). I don't know how Mrs. Slack did it but she fell asleep in the middle of the movie and didn't wake up till the end (she must be a very calm sort of person to be able to do that).

Then we all crashed.

And I don't know if I'll see you at Silent Cry or not...I heard a rumor that it might be canceled.

2 comments:

Anna.Victoria said...

yippee for snow!!! Glad you guys got off on Valentines day! Glad you and Andrew could come over with the Slacks yesterday...lots of fun! Luv you Mattea!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I think I'm finnally warm