Saturday, May 12, 2007

Get Ready 4 a Long Post

Man........Just finished a game of monopoly (at least I'm finished--they are still playing) and I had all the greens, yellows, and utilities....and then I landed on Isaacs orange with hotels.....And I was done for even with the $200 I had and the mortgage of all my properties....I was $100 short.....Though that's not as bad as the time I played and was $1 short of $950 (literally). So I'll say man again........MAN!!!!

All well. This week has been exceedingly (gotta love that word hehehaha) busy. Mr. and Mrs. Slack went to FL to close the deal on their house (Im sooooo happy that they sold it.....well, its kind of bitter sweet cause that means that they'll be looking for a house to buy). So we took in Mariah and Brooke....the Efthimious took J....and the Sticklers/Snapps took Christian. I've had a lot of fun with the Slack girls....hehehe. From school to playing in the sprinkler.....to watching movies..............having water relay races.............walking Out Back........."dribble dribble splash" (a variation of duck duck goose)........YSOS.........water guns.......Mime........dumping buckets of water over each others heads.......heheheh lol. Good times.

Mr. and Mrs. Slack will be here later this evening in their rental car....poor Jordan. They had flown down to FL so they could (1.) close the deal on the house and (2.) pick up a car for Jordan that his Grandma was giving him and then drive it home. Well, they were able to get the money for the house, but when started the car just sat there and smoked. So now they are on their way home in a rental car. But, like Mrs. Slack said, at least the car broke down in the drive way rather then in North Carolina.

We were walking Out Back the other day and, as you all know, the Stanleys bought it so there is the skeleton of a house out there now!!!!!!!!!!!! It seems so crazy to watch it go up where it used to only be "Where the deer and the Antelopes play". Fine, maybe there weren't any antelopes but there were bear and deer. Good times.

Life changes so fast sometimes. Sure lots of those changes are good--like the Slacks moving in. But then like now there is someone building on our land....or their land I guess.....I'm still not used to it.....I think it will always be our land in my book hehehe......not that I have anything against the people moving in but.......I think (hope) you get what I mean.

As Mr. Snapp shared at Youth SOS earthly possessions are kind of no good. Even though Dr. Dobson had won that monopoly game it didn't get him anything except a bunch of kids in bed pouting that he had taken advantage of them.

Owning properties on earth may give us comfort now but if we have to put them away (or sell) them it doesn't mean that its the end of the world. In Heaven, they probably won't mean a SINGLE THING to us because we will be with our Father.

So why not just look forward to that day......and start building up our treasures in Heaven while we are on earth.

15 comments:

Anna.Victoria said...

Wow. Good post dear! I love it! Sounds like you had fun with the girls! Having Jordan here was lots of fun! :D I love you girl!

Anna.Victoria said...

Oh....that was first comment!!!

Anna.Victoria said...

One more thing....is Drew's graduation on June 30th? Are you staying down there for church?

Anna.Victoria said...

Hey girl, you wanna help me out here? I'm thinking of getting a blog, but I can't think of what to call it...any ideas? Please!!

Anonymous said...

I think that we'll be comeing home....but I'm really not sure--I'll check with my Mom.

As to the name of your blog...hmmmm.....I'll be thinking!!

Anonymous said...

Would you want something silly?.....Or really just anything?

Anna.Victoria said...

Really jst anything....

Anna.Victoria said...

Wow. Am I the only one who comments on here other than you Mattea? *sniff* my heart weeps for you my darling.
Love you!
~anna

Anonymous said...

What would I do without you??? *sniff*

Anna.Victoria said...

You would prolly die or something like that. Jk...
Are the Slacks going to Drews graduation with you guys?

Anonymous said...

Anna-is prolly a new word?! j/k, I know what you mean. : )

That was a great post Mattea. I know EXACTLY how you feel about houses being built around you. All of the land surrounding us could possibly turn into a development, so be glad you only have one house to worry about! Your heart is sooo in the right place, girl. I love you!

Poor Jordan. At least it didn't break down when he was driving it. I think that would have been worse, in a way.

Anna.Victoria said...

Hahaha Hannah. Yeah...people ask me why I spell it that way, but for some reason, I like it better :P

Anonymous said...

You know it is fun to say!

Prolly

prolly

prolly....lol

Anonymous said...

so when do you two finish school?

Anonymous said...

we finish May 25th!! So we are almost done!

*woohoo*