Friday, May 25, 2007

Song...

Here is another song I just wrote...My skills are (slightly) improving. I think. Its kind of your classic story of Christs life here on earth but...enjoy it anyways and brain wave flowers from me to the person who reads the whole thing and comments first.

How Could Such a Thing be Kept Secret?

Verse 1:
In A.D. one
A child was born
He was God’s only son
And destined to run a good run

His birth was announced
By thousands of angles
Even though He was born
In an innkeepers stable

Chorus A:
Tell me how, could such a thing,
Be kept secret?
Oh and how, could such a thing,
The birth of a King be kept secret?
Oh and let the bells ring
For why, should such a thing,
Be kept secret?

Verse 2:
When he was two and ten
He was wiser than most men
He taught to the teachers
And had all the features
Of a Godly young man

People cam to Him
In fascination
‘Cuz He even understood
Predestination

Chorus B:
Tell me how, could such a thing,
Be kept secret?
Oh and how, could such a thing,
The wisdom of a King be kept secret?
Oh and let the bells ring
For why, should such a thing,
Be kept secret?

Verse 3:
By the time He was older,
Crowds followed His every step
He made a blind man see
And a cripple dance with glee

He calmed a raging storm
As well as raging hearts
Made a dead man come alive
And kindled fires that were but sparks

Chorus C:
Tell me how, could such a thing,
Be kept secret?
Oh and how, could such a thing,
The power of a King be kept secret?
Oh and let the bells ring
For why, should such a thing,
Be kept secret?

Verse 4:
The High Priests of the country
Thought Jesus as the son of men
And not as the ruler
Of earth and Heaven

They laid down a plot
And as they cast lots
He was crucified
And He died

Chorus D:
Tell me how, could such a thing,
Be kept secret?
Oh and how, could such a thing,
The death of a King be kept secret?
Oh and let the bells ring
For why, should such a thing,
Be kept secret?

Verse 5:
Then three days later
There was a burst of light
From the tomb where Christ lay
And the soldiers cried out in fright
As the stone was rolled away

“He is risen!” Was the shout
“Our sins are forgiven!” was the cry
He is risen!

Chorus E:
Tell me how, could such a thing,
Be kept secret?
Oh and how, could such a thing,
The resurrection of a King be kept secret?
Oh and let the bells ring
For why, should such a thing,
Be kept secret?

Bridge:
So go now today
And tell everyone you meet
Of the glorious feat
That paved the way

Tomorrow we are leaving for Washington D.C. *grins*. Andrew is at NA *sniff* I miss him. It is going to be really weird not having him laugh the entire night at the hotel for no reason when we are all trying to go to sleep. Hahahahahaha....yeah I think we will have the lap top with us though sooooo...Don't know what that means...but if you think of it you could send me an email or something...even if its only a few words.....if we can even get online at the hotel...if.....

I will miss seeing you at church! And also I won't be at mime most likely so if you could just pass that on to Jess....or maybe I'll email her....I don't know just so long as she knows....
Have an awesome week!

P.S. We are officially done with school!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh! I loooovvveee it girl!!! Yeah...I'm going to miss you guys too. *sniff* *sniff*
I'll try to shoot you and e-mail. Oh, and take pictures and post them here or on your xanga....please. lol
Miss mime? *sniff* ok....I'll jst have to go into mourning or something. hehehe.
Love you girl!
~anna

Anonymous said...

OH! I was the first person! Yeah! Go me...jk.

Anonymous said...

yep, flowers to you!!

Anonymous said...

Oh...I jst sent you an e-mail....did you get it?

Anonymous said...

Great song!

I can't imagine what it would be like to have an older brother leave. Booo-hooo.

*drumroll* Anna wins the award for most comments on Mattea's blog!

Anonymous said...

And a big HURRAY for being done with school!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *applause*

aaahh, the freedom of summer.

Anonymous said...

AAAWWWWW. I prolly comment a lot...but not many people comment, so it's easy. lol
And plus, I'm her cousin. ;-) And adding to that....I love her to death. :P
Mattea.....I miss you sooooooo soooo much!!! It's awful! It was so sad not having you guys in church yesterday. I MISS YOU!!!! And I heart you! *hugs* hehehehe
Did you get my e-mail dear??? let me know about it!
~anna

Anna.Victoria said...

WELCOME HOME MATTEA!!!! I missed you a lot girlie!!!! ;-) hope you had a good time! Love you!

Anonymous said...

we weren't ever able to get wireless at the hotel so here I am at home now and I'm going to check my emails....



*i feel so loved*

Anonymous said...

Aah, you're so sweet. How was the trip? Did you get my email? Wasn't it awful hot here last weekend?!!! I hope you didn't have to be in the sun too much.

Anonymous said...

I was just in your Xanga (sorry I can't comment there) and that last story made me feel a combination of REALLY REALLY SORRY FOR YOU, and VERRRRY HAPPY FOR YOU. But complete sorrow for poor Drew! Ugh, did you tell him? He probably just about died.

Anonymous said...

ok, ok, last one. (trying to beat Anna's comment score, jk.) I just had to say that the pic of the tulips is really pretty. I love tulips. I had frilled ones, but they must have been planted too deep because they didn't come up too well this year. Boohoo.

Anonymous said...

We were outside a lot this past weekend actually. We walked to a lot of places till we realized the convineice (I think I just about butcherd that word) of the underground metro and the circulator bus.

P.S.
I did get your email and I replied. But I couldn't find your email anna...not sure why. Either I am just really blonde and couldn't find it (my emails come in with everyone elses emails so we end up with a swamp--91 came in while we were away) or maybe my address isn't working. So for future times maybe send it to my Mom and Dad's address. Hmmmm...but I get Silent Cry updates soooo....all well....and my "P.S." is longer than my actuall comment lol.

Anna.Victoria said...

What? You didn't get it? That's lame. Oh well. I sent you an e-mail saying that I really really really really missed you and all that good stuff.
I'll send the other one to a different e-mail address. okay? Good!
Luv ya girl!
~anna

Anonymous said...

hey what time are you getting here today, Anna? You are still coming right?

We are going to need someone to play with as the Slacks went to Canada...it seems like as soon as we get back from a vacation, they leave, or as soon as they get back, we leave lol. But they will only be gone till 2morrow afternoon.

Anna.Victoria said...

I think we are getting there around 3:00-3:30. Are you guys going to be able to play? That would be great! Sooo....I'll prolly see ye later today! Luv ya!

~anna

Oh, I re-sent the e-mail to your parents e-mail address. So they should have it. ;-) I love you girl!

Anonymous said...

sweetness!