WE GOT TO SEE THE YEARICKS TODAY! AHHHHHHHHHH!!! I love that family! This morning I woke up, got around, practiced my double base, cleaned, had lunch, baked an applesauce cake, cleaned some more (*wipes sweat off brow*) and then around 3:00 they came! They were supposed to get here at 2 but they went blue berrying and had some difficulties there....but I was really glad they could come for the short time they did. For a while we just talked and stuff like that then Andrew, Mr. and Mrs. Yearick, my Mom, Hannah and I went for a walk outback. It was great to talk to them and get caught up and everything. Then we came back and had the cake (*licks lips*). After hanging some more they had to go but there is a slight chance we will see them again tomorrow. *Crosses fingers*
Right now we have all been helping Mom doing some re-organizing for school and stuff (where has the summer gone?? Only 1 month till we start school again!). Tons of books arrive every day in the mail.....but you know I think this is going to be a really good year. Algebra 2 isn't bad with Teaching Textbook, then for science I'm doing an astronomy course which should be good, and then Tapestry History is really fun (we are doing Year 2 which is from the fall of Rome to the signing of the Declaration of Independence).
Yesterday I went to the Troy Fair with my Dad in the evening. I just hung around the booth (my Dad is working there for his stove business) but dad treated to peach shortcake and funnel cakes (*grins mischievously*). Hehe it is fun to junk out once a year lol.
And that's it for now I guess!
This is Mattea signing out!
4 comments:
Sounds like fun chica! It was great to see you and dance with you today!!! hahahaha....we're gonna be blackmailed. Just wait. ;-)
Yeah, it was a lot of fun seeing you guys. I wish we would have postponed blueberry picking until the next day, especially because we didn't start until late and Mom and Dad didn't really know where it was. :( Oh well. You'll just have to come down, huh?!!
~Han
and that cake was REALLY GOOD!
Aww thanks it was fun to make.
Post a Comment