Saturday, August 11, 2007

Cayuga Lake

My Mom has been praying for a while now that we would come to know someone on one of the finger lakes so we could just go hang out at their cabin/house/whatever for a day. Well....What do you know, He answered the prayer! Every year for years and years the Slacks have gone up to this little cottage for a week to hang out on Cayuga lake (which seems weird as we've only known them for a year and yet to think that they have been this close! Hehehe). To get to the point; they asked us to come up for a few days!! My Dad, Andrew, and Mr. Slack were all working at the Empire Farm Days up there so they thought that it would be nice for us to be able to see Dad and Andrew (they were staying at a hotel there). So Tuesday we packed our bags and crammed (literally) into our Audi Wagon. So we had enough seats (since we have that little childs seat that hooks into the back) but since Misha was the smallest who could fit back there with all the luggage....she obviously had to sit there. (Sanna's not quite old enough). And Misha gets car sick. Thankfully she slept all the way to Ithaca, but after we stopped at Wegmans to get Supper and she had to hop back in the car.....the poor thing cried the whole 1/2 hour to the Slacks cottage. You see, even though we had the air conditioner on full blast up front (and we were all freezing), Misha didn't get any of it way back there so she was a little sweat bottle, on top of being car sick. But we finally got there and then she was so happy. So we unpacked and even though it was raining we went fishing off the dock. I cuaght a dinky little sunfish and a lot of sea weed and that is about all. Then Mom, Misha, and Sanna left for the Hotel, leaving Isaac, Maryah, and I at the Slacks. Mr. and Mrs. Slack went for a date night leaving Jordan and I in charge....oh yeah. It is fun to be on your own when you don't have to worry about really little kids. We played Pit, the Boggle, and then we just talked and talked and talked......about our most embarrassing moments. Hahahahahaha.....we laughed. Mom and Dad Slack arrived around 10:30 and pretty soon we all in bed........or rather in floor (for the guys that is, they let us have the beds). Everyone except for Brooke and the Mrs. Slack woke up at 6 to we could watch the sunset...I mean sunrise. Mr. Slack came out on the porch and asked us all "So what are you guys doing up so early for?" and Mariah and Maryah replied "We're going to watch the sunset while we fish". He just nodded and said "Right, the sunset....but why did you get up early to see the sunset?" And I'm like "Wait....what???" Then I get it and pretty soon we were all laughing. The sunRISE was pretty despite the clouds...but thankfully it turned into a beautiful day. Mom and Misha and sanna arrived around 9 and we spent the day in the lake....oh man it was sooooo fun and beautiful....fishing, swimming, get pushed off the dock....slipping...getting muddy....(everyone except me that is lol...you can tell I'm a girl). Talking, eating...and eating. And while we were all catching dinky sunfish Mihsa starts screaming and brings up a HUGE CATFISH!!!!! Mariah gets it off the hook and put into the trap and Misha is just beaming. The first fish she ever catches is absolutely HUGE. Hahahaha. Then on Thursday we did the same thing...swim. lol. Then around 3:00 we left for home. Thank you, thank you, thank you Slacks for such a wonderful time!!!!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha, I beat you again, Anna! Whoa!

Wow, that sounds like fun! I'm not very good at fishing either. That's great that Misha caught such a big fish! Do you know what kind of lure she used? Misha sounds a lot like Micah with the car sickness. I was just like that too, but I grew out of it. Mostly.

Mom and Rachel and I went swimming in our friend's pond yesterday. I kept getting nibbled by fish, and one actually came up on my front, wiggling. After about three nibbles I got out and sat on the dock. :D Mom got nibbled twice, so needless to say, we didn't stay there very long.

~Han

P.C. pics! I want to see pics, please!

Anonymous said...

Misha used a worm as her bait and yes, I will post some pics soon!

Anna.Victoria said...

shoot. I lost. Oh well....I'll get over it! Glad you had a fun time Mattea! Yes...post pictures!!!! hehehehe. Luv ya Matty!
~anna

Anonymous said...

ya it was fun but we've olny been there 3 or 4 times including this past time so it wasn't really years and years although it was spread out

Anonymous said...

A worm? Wow!

Rachel says to tell Maryah that she just sent her a letter. : D

~Han

Anna.Victoria said...

oh gosh...I'm glad I didn't have to tell my most embarrassing story. I would die. I'll tell you sometime. =D
Hey....you're gone right? At a stove show? never mind...no point asking....lol ;-)
Shoot....I think we're heading out to your area sometime this week....but alas...we won't see you. *sniff*
I love you!!
~anna

Anonymous said...

we will be here tell daniel i said hi

Anonymous said...

Yes we were gone...as to the lack of picture hehe...hopefully tomorrow I'll get time to post them!