Saturday, September 15, 2007

Change...its Not Easy

On Monday we are going to get up at 5 in the morning and leave for Cleveland, OH. My Dad has another farm show, The Farm Science Review, that he is in for Greenwood out there and he wants us to go with him....I guess I'm kind of looking forward to it...but not really :-) The last one in State College was okay, but it only lasted 3 days and we were without a car for the entire time since my Dad had to have it....and the nearest shopping place was a 1/2 mile away...and we didn't have a stroller....so I think we know what to bring now. We will be there till Friday so hopefully there will be a lot to do! (we are taking school with us).

Now um, if you guys could be praying for me because our family has been undergoing a lot of change this summer...sometimes change is fun and exciting by not this time. Andrew is graduated and although he isn't at college it is still hard to not have him doing school with us! And the Slacks moved...it is hard not having neighbors anymore! Plus church....and just the fact that I'm "growing up". 10th grade is great and all but man, only 3 years till I'm graduated, and (Lord willing) sometime after that I'll be in college. One of my friends was talking about change a few weeks ago and she put it to this analogy : You know how when you are blueberry picking you always want to go from bush to bush because every other one looks like the berries are bigger and better? Well, she was saying that sometimes God calls us to stay at one "berry bush" and be content with what we are doing...well with me it is the opposite. God is calling me away from my blueberry bush that is perfectly ripe and plentiful and to a new one that, from far away, looks like a small bush with sour berries. It is impossible to not go to it--it is like a wave is carrying me there--but I'm struggling...I don't want to struggle anymore. I want to resign to the fact that this is God's new path for my life....but its hard...so if you could be praying that I would be able to "glean a lot of berries" off this new "bush", even if they are small...and that God would help me to be able to take those sour berries and turn them into beautiful, sweet pies.
Thanks ever so much!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, it really hit me how little time I have left at home when Andrew graduated. I don't know why, I had just been trying not to think about it too much. Last year, when we were trying to find a more advanced piano teacher for me, I had to make a decision about whether I wanted to pursue music as a career or not, and it really overwhelmed me. I've had the same feeling you do. How am I going to do this?!! I don't want to go away!!(And then there's Mom who is saying, "well that's okay, you know I can always use you here!" Hehe.)

The only thing that has worked to stop my worrying is prayer. I know, you could hear that coming, but it's true. :D I have been reading the Sierra Jensen Collection by Robin Jones Gunn and that has helped too. The main character just went off to college. So it's not as scary as we think, at least I hope. But even if it is, there is probably a whole clump of beautiful blueberries on the back of the bush that we can't see, right?

I'm praying for you! (and your mom, and your whole family for that matter!)

I hold you in my heart.

* Han*

P.C. take some pics in Cleveland!

mattea kiriel said...

Yes, it is so great to know that whenever we are in need of help, God is right there to hear our prayer 24/7!

Anna.Victoria said...

argh....change....sometimes it's good and sometimes....well....it's just bad...and hard...and painful....and hurtful...and scary...and, well, the list could go on. lol
But God is still faithful through it all! I've been having to remind myself of that over and over and over and over...and over.
I love you and hope you have a great time in Ohio!! =D
I'll miss you and your hugs and smiles while your gone!Praying for you!
~anna