This is a song I wrote a little while ago...I've been thinking alot about reaching out with the news of Christ...but it is hard...really hard...and yet, it shouldn't be (hard) because we have the one piece of information that can save everyone on earth!! It is rather frustrating (okay very frustrating) that I can't get past my fear of man to tell them that oh so good news.
Comfort Zone
Verse 1:
The wind blows, I push back my hair
In time to notice a girl’s icy stare
My arms subconsciously fold over my shirt,
Hiding the words written there…
The words that tell how Jesus cares
Chorus:
I want to step out of my comfort zone
But every time I do, appears a mental caution cone
Of “what will they think?”
And “How will they react?”
When I tell them that Jesus is Lord—
And that is a fact.
I want to reach out to every land,
But Lord I need your help to remove this fear of man.
Verse 2:
I know this young boy, who walked up to a teen,
And asked him, “Do you believe that Christ died for us,
Even though we were mean?”
Where did he get that boldness from?
“He is just little,” you might say…
But it’s more than that,
It’s just hard to explain.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Have you ever shared, or tried to share, or had thoughts of sharing the gospel with someone? Please leave a comment!!!
5 comments:
That's a great song.
I have a hard time feeling bold enough to tell other people, too. Micah, on the other hand, is always asking people if they are Christians! For example, most of the waiters at our favorite Chinese restaurant. Hehe.
Don't give up, MK! God will give you the desire of your heart!
~Han
Have you put that to music?
* Han*
No, I'm not to good at putting things to music...I mean, sure I have this little tune that kind of goes with it but other than that, well, yeah.
very good one Mattea!
Wonderful tayah! That's how I feel sometimes....wanting to share the gospel, but not being able to.
I love you!
Post a Comment