Friday, March 14, 2008

Blessing From A Deceased Relative

You know how in those movies the family is desperate for money and then they find some old stock a relative left them worth $1,000,000? Well, it happened to us!! On a rather minor scale that is. Dad came up this afternoon from the house kind of upset because we had a pipe burst in the garage/pantry and he had a feeling a lot of pictures and books got destroyed. After supper Mom and Dad went down to sort things out. Dad was going through one box and Mom was going through another and Mom said "Oh look Mark, a bond for $25 from your uncle"
Dad: "Hey what's the date on that?"
Mom: "Umm, 1960"
Dad: "Do you know that means its worth $5oo now!!!"
Hehehe, that was so fun. I mean, sure its not a million but 500 is pretty sweet!   

So yeah...I just thought that was a fun story....have a great day everyone! 

7 comments:

Anna.Victoria said...

hahaha that's awesome!!! =D
Pretty funny as well!
Now I bet you're kinda glad that the pipe burst. haha

I read your last post....
shopping!!
awesome!!!
hahaha
=D
I love you girl! <3
~anna

mattea kiriel said...

Yes "I love shopping!" (you got to say it in the same tone as the Cornfields "I love chocolate" thingy =)

Anna.Victoria said...

hahahaha.
yes.
I love that thing!!!
hahaha.
see you tomorrow chica!
*hugs and awkward kiss*
~anna

-Phyllis+ said...

my grandmother passed away recently and alot of her things were some what valuable.

Is it still cold up there? it already feels like florida summer here :(

mattea kiriel said...

alas, today is the first day of Spring and it STILL WAY TOO COLD!!!!!!

I know, I have an uncle in Tallahassee and he is always calling to brag about how warm it is and how his boys are outside playing foot ball and his wife is on the tennis court.......

LUCKY!!!!

Anonymous said...

That's really neat! Is it actually worth that much?!


The Florida heat in summer is probably pretty oppresive, am I right? I don't know. I'd still rather live in the north, at least in the summer.


*Han*

mattea kiriel said...

yes north in the summer, south in the winter (after at least on good snowstorm that is. I wouldn't be able to live without one good snow)