Thursday, March 13, 2008

My Teeth are Free Once Again!!!

On Monday I got my BRACES OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No more will I have to deal with pounds of food stuck in my teeth!!!!!!!!! No more pain!!!!!!! As you can see I'm very happy :). I then proceeded to chew a piece of gum. hehehehe. Tuesday I got my retainer. And its not THAT bad. A little annoying perhaps, but not that bad. I'm really glad it didn't hurt to much because the girl said that sometimes its just like getting braces all over again and I definitely didn't want that! I'll put up some before and after pictures soon. 

Also on Monday Mom took me shopping to celebrate "the momentous occasion". I got some new summer cloths. Why is it that we have to grow out of our clothes so fast? Like this year I hardly have any summer shirts! They just don't fit anymore! *arrrg* hahahaha....yeah okay so I did grow but.....the whole clothing market is just a scam ($20 for a shirt that is supposed to fit me but looks more like it should be my little sisters). again, *arrrg*

My Grancy and Papa T are coming up today. This'll be the first time they will actually get to see everybody what with us being sick and all. 

A little while ago Sanna brought me this children's bible and there was a picture of the two mothers yanking on the baby that they both said was theirs. Sanna asked me what they were doing to the baby so I told her the (revised by me) story. Somehow it just didn't seem right to tell a 3 year old that the baby was going to be cut in half. But it reminded me of this author of a book on parenting and a funny story. The author said that they had this one children's bible and in it was a picture of John the Baptist's head on a platter and all these people pointing and making grossed out faces. The author did NOT want his kids to see that picture. It was just too much. He then proceeded to color a birthday cake on top of John's head. To this day his kids wonder why all the people in the picture are not happy to see a birthday cake. Hehehehehehe...

Tata for now!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah! Do your teeth feel slimy? Mine did. I kept running my tongue over them.

What color retainer did you get?

In case you were still thinking of getting a laptop skin like mine, I want you to know that it got a little scratched up recently, so it may be a better idea if you get an actual cover. On the other hand, my sticker still saved the laptop, so it worked!

*Han*

mattea kiriel said...

My teeth did feel really funny! I was sitting in the waiting room waiting for Mom and the secretary started laughing and asked me "do your teeth feel funny?" I had subconciously been kind of puckering up my mouth and feeling my teeth with my tongue! Hehehe. My retainer is just clear, though Andrew's has a purple tint. The retainer makes my teeth look really shiny though!

Okay yeah, I'm probably going to end up getting a snap-on case thing. Dad was kind of going for that in the first place but I was torn. :o)

~mattea