
Right now I'm sitting on our hotel patio in Lake Placid! And you know what, it is WAY out in the middle of nowhere....even more nowhere then were we live. Of course LP is a somewhere but it is in the middle of this HUGE nature preserve. We drove 4 hours through the reserve to get here and there is still more to the north of us! To top that off, there are only little towns spaced about an hour apart between here and the highway so if you have to go to the bathroom you are STUCK. I know that from experience. Hahahaa....
We are here on a combination work and my Dad's birthday. We left early sunday morning (yeah I know, we're bad, we skipped church. But we did read through Acts 10...check it out....its one of my favorites:). Then we got here who knows when (all I know is that I REALLY had to use the bathroom) and went swimming in the pool. Then we had supper, walked around Mirror Lake (even though its called LP the town is based around ML. The two lakes are just about a 1/4 mile apart at certain places though). After that (my personal favorite) Ben&Jerry's Ice Cream!!!!!!!!!! *savors that moment*
Today we delivered the stove, swam in the lake, used the paddle boats *cough cough*, walked around the lake (2.8 miles), ate supper, looked in shops....and that is not the order we did things in...I just wrote down stuff as it came to mind.
From here I have a GORGEOUS view of the lake and of the mountains behind. The mts. are so peaky its crazy. (the pic is the view from where I am right now. Sorry its blurry, I just used the camera built in on the mac) Tomorrow we are going to visit white peak which has the sheerest drop this side of the Rockies. (did you know, btw, that the winter Olympics have been held here twice in the past 80 years?). We are going to take a gondola up white peak too. (pray that the cable doesn't break!)
Okay, M&D are downstairs so I should go check on Sanna, and Maryah wants the computer so....
this is Mattea Under and In
2 comments:
cool, MK.
guess what? I'm starting to run. This is the third day and I'm a little worn out, but I'm excited. By the way, did you run yet this week?!
under and in, I love it.
wow that's cool!
Yes, I ran on Wednesday and then I'll do it again tomorrow. I sent a letter out to you today, though I wrote it almost a week ago. We were out of stamps till now.
Post a Comment