Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Seasick and Homesick

Well, we went on our crazy fishing trip (see last post if you have no idea what I'm talking about. Which you don't because none of you left comments on it lol). And it was an expierience. I'll give it that much. We left Sunday eve. and got to our hotel at midnight. Went to bed at 12:30 and then woke up at 4:15 to hop in the car again at 5:30. Got to the dock at 7:00. Got on the boat. Got out to open sea. Got seasick. I threw up twice and then had to rest the rest of the time. Got no fish. Nick had brought some motion sickness medicine but I didn't take it. In fact, even the people who did take it still felt sick. Andrew has this really funny video of us all sitting on a bench in the boat. I have my eyes closed and look pale, Lizzy has her head in her hands, Nick is sitting down looking green, Dad is half leaned over the edge with his head in his arms, and Nicky and Isaac look wierd. lol.....and at the end of ANdrew panning in on all of us, he brings the camera up to himself and shows how he is, at that moment, eating a candy bar! He didn't get sick at all and didn't have to take anything! So yeah, it was a memory. lol

I had a wonderful time with the Spanos though. They are such fun(ny) people. Hehehehe......

The long car rides were fun. We talked, laughed, slept, watched movie (national treasure 2 and amazing grace) and just had fun. 

I can't wait because on Thursday we are going camping with them! Its a tradition but we haven't been able to go the past few years what with conflicting schedules. 

We are officially moved back into our house! I'm so glad because, I know this sounds funny, but I was kind of homesick even though we were just up the road. You know, there's nothing like you own house. Hmmmm...I wonder what would happen if I ever moved for real. I'm actually up at the inn right now typing this though because we don't have our internet re-hooked up there yet. 

Alrighty.....hope you all have great week!!

P.S. visit Andrew's blog to see some pictures....but be sure to come back here and leave a comment!

2 comments:

sherlock said...

I'm so glad your back home. Make that, back in your home.


Haha, I just read your blog adress and it reads "matteak".

mattea kiriel said...

wait, so why is that funny? (that my address is matteak) lol.....