Our God is a God of love is he not? It was heart wrenching last night cause we watched a documentary called Obsession. It was about the Muslims/terrorists people who kill us because they think that is what pleases allah. It is estimated that 10-15% of all Muslims wish the Americans/British/Jewish were dead....and would die to make that happen. Anyways, the heart wrenching part....they showed real videos of little girls...8 years old probably....chanting poems and singing songs about how their purpose, their DESIRE, is to be killed killing US. And while one of them was singing this....she was crying. Not because she didn;t want to be singing what she was. No. She was crying with PASSION. She REALLY wanted to die killing because that was allah's greatest wish. How can that be? How I wanted to go tell her....wrap my arms around her....that there is a God out there who doesn't want her to die. He will love her. And care for her. He is a God of love...not of death...but life.
Friday, September 19, 2008
The Cross Precedes the Crown
I've heard those words in the song "Valley of Vision" 10's of times before....and never really thought about them. Until now. This morning I was running, and listening to that and suddenly it really hit me. And they are so true. Think about it. The cross precedes the crown. To become high, we first must be low. Stuff like that is written all over the bible. To gain wisdom, one must first consider himself a fool. And those who say they are wise are the ones who are fools. To be first, you must be last. To have a position worth being proud of, you must be humble. To get something, you first must give until you've got nothing left. To be like Christ...one must be low. And like I said, there it is, all over the bible. And yet I can't seem to get it through my thick head! I always have to be on top--the one with the wittiest joke, the loudest, trying to get peoples attention. Everything I do has to do with trying to please people and being "cool". When what I should be worrying about is what God thinks of me. And then when I realize what God SHOULD think of me....I should feel like dirt. And yet He doesn't think I'm dirt even though I am. He says I'm worthy of His love. How can that be?? Because He is lowering Himself. He is humble enough to call us sinners His CHILDREN. Children of the most high. Its an extremely humbling thought...but a nice one, at the same time. Its a vicious circle though. Then I'm like "wait I don't want to be that low!" And then its a mad scramble for the top again. After a while the realization of my true lowness...the confession. Then back to the top again. For the millionth time. Like right now, I feel pretty low. But tomorrow......I'll be around other people and I'll want to be the best. Gain the most attention. What have we done that makes God love us the way he does? We don't deserve to breathe. And yet we do. I can't wait until heaven so that all the worldly distractions will be gone and I can spend....eternity.....giving Him all I'm worth. And it'll never be even close to enough....but it'll be all my human self (or whatever we'll be called up there) can do. And that will be enough for Him, even though its not.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
Haha, mattea, If you google your name (I always google my name and sometimes my friends) your blog is the only page that comes up!
It was the only one that came up? When I do it several other things I've done are there too. Unless, did you just do my first name? I guess I was putting in my first and last name.
Its funny how much of every one of us is on the internet.
Well, I do school on the internet. I was in a hurry when I wrote that comment, "mattea k" simply has your blog on the top of the list.
Not very secret lol.
Yes, but that only gives access to my profile. And from my profile the only place you can go is The few I see.
Oh, lol, and when I said "its funny how everyone etc" what I meant was its funny how you can find virtually any one of your friends somewhere on a website. Though it does rather imply what you thought it implied....if you get what I mean :)
Yawn. The post was awesome. I need to go back to bed, or finish algebra....
Oh, I asked Fe why she didn't update anymore, and she didn't answer me. So....
continue to bother her blog until it reaches 7ty-some comments?
sounds like a good idea to me!!
GREAT post, MK.
Funny, you never seem to try being the loudest when I'm around you. (Hehe) ooerrm...maybe that's because I'm trying to be.
*Han*
My name doesn't Google well. You get lists of all the girls with my name who came before me!
Well, it depends on who I'm with. Some people (including you) make me feel comfortable "being myself" (to use the overused expression). Like it doesn't matter what I do or say, we're bonded in Christ and that's all that matters. But I have another group of friends.....who are Christians and we are actually quite close (and have been for years) but its all about "being on top" for this weird reason and there's kind of a "tension" about everything. Its hard to explain. Like, they are real friends, but to get into the real "them" you have to wade through tons of shallows. And that shallowness gives off the "need to be on top" feeling.
Kinda get what I mean? So Hannah, you get the real me, a few of my other friends get the real me, this blog gets the real me (lol), but certain friends get this shallow, worldly me.
And after a while that "battle of the wits" really wears on you too. Its not very fun. I'll come away from them feeling discontented and confused.
This is something I've been struggling with for a while. I know I want to change something, at least the way I act for starters, and then....I don't know. There has to be change though, I know that much. So if you'd like, you could pray. :)
Hey mattea, great post on the movie blog.
I did edit it a little though, hope you don't mind. Keep in mind that I normally don't bother posting details about content. It's up to parents to check up on the little stuff. If it's a prominent feature that ruins the movie (Like in Juno or something like that) you can go ahead and mention it though. Sorry if i'm being a little bossy, I just take my job as editor seriously. ;)
haha, no that okay :)
Post a Comment