Monday, October 27, 2008

Carving Pumpkins and Driving (not at the same time of course)

I have missed blogger. Well, its not like I've been absent for a month or something but I definitely have not been as post-y as usual. =)

We are going to carve pumpkins in just a little bit. I like doing that. Has anyone ever read "To Many Pumpkins"? Its one of my favorite little kids books and I make Mom sit down and read it to us all during the fall. Rather clever book. And pretty funny too. 

Today Mom and I went shopping and for the last couple of miles Mom let me drive the mercedes!!!! I was pretty nervous because it was the first time that I've driven on public roads but I did rather well, if I do say so myself. Mom didn't scream at me once so I consider that an accomplishment. Actually, after I had been going 20-25mph, she said I'd be allowed to go 30mph. Which is a big deal. And you know what? I think I kinda like driving. Its fun. I was afraid I was gonna be all stressed out behind the wheel but I dealt with a school bus, a car behind me (meaning I had to use the turn signal), and cow in the middle of the road. (ok ok so there wasn't really a cow but all the rest of that happened). Hahaha, I know, that all sounds really lame but hey, its my first time so I'm gonna bask in my own glory a little bit. lol jk

So learning to drive was one big scary thing of this year, and the other one is the SAT. Ugh. Not sure how good that's gonna be. Geometry is hard but I HAVE to understand it for the SATs. I think I've got the grammar part down pretty well, and algebra, but geometry.....dot dot dot. 

We watched A Knights Tale last night. Rather funny movie. It was kind of sad to watch though because Heath Ledger plays the main character and to know that he's dead now....its different watching a movie where the person has died of old age or whatever. Heath had a little kid...and he was young....and I guess he was a pretty good actor. I'd never heard of him until he died, but.....lol, I don't know why I'm talking about him on my blog. Its too sad to talk about.

Ending on a weird, random note: If all the welcome mats in the world were turned upside down (so that you would be welcomed into the outside instead of the inside), how would that make us think? 

Warned you it was random.

7 comments:

sherlock said...

It would make me think of not going in peoples houses.

Always enjoy your posts, make me laugh.


Thought you were like my little sister's age, but if your driving I guess not!

Lol...

mattea kiriel said...

I'm 15 years, 7 months, and 26 days. lol. Unfortunately I can't get my permit until I'm 16, and then I can't get my licsence for a year after that.....

Anonymous said...

After all that secrecy I'm surprised you posted your age.

Nice post. I remember when I first drove on a public road, mum tried to get me up to 30mph but I was terrified. Lol, now I have to remind myself to stay under 50 (at the appropriate speeding zones of course).

sherlock said...

Don't worry young one (just kidding, i'm only a year older than you) i've had my permit for a year. My parent's have taken me to drive TWICE.















they are negligent.

Anonymous said...

She's been watching too many Scott lawn commercials. :)

_H

Anonymous said...

realizing that what I said was really vague, I will explain. The Scott lawn com. I saw had the welcome mat turned around, and a couple sitting outside on the porch steps admiring their lawn.

Anyway.

My parents knew they wouldn't remember or have time to sit in the passenger seat while I had my permit, but they needed me to be able to drive a lot, so they got me an instructor. It's sortof expensive, but much quicker. You might consider that, Sherlock. If it applies up there.

mattea kiriel said...

haha thats funny but no, I haven't seen any of those commercials.

Aw, poor sherlock. Only 2 drivers lessons?

Mom got me (well, first it was drews but now its mine) this "drivers ed in a box" thing. That should hopefully work....;)