Monday, November 03, 2008

Jack Johnson song "good people"

I was listening to this yesterday in the car and it rather fits our political dilemma well and the way the media drives me nuts. This isn't the whole song, but some parts of it that really apply. 

Chorus:
Where'd all the good people go?
I've been changing channels
I don't see them on the TV shows
Where'd all the good people go?
We got heaps and heaps of what we sow

One of the verses:
They got this and that and
With a rattle a tat
Testing one two,
Now what you gonna do?
Bad news, misused,
Got too much to lose
Gimme some truth
Now whose side are we on?

Whatever you say
Turn on the boob tube
I'm in the mood to obey
So lead me astray by the way, now


Yeah so where have all the good people gone? Thats what I want to know. I wish we could have James Madison running for president right now. He'd be a good one because as I've been studying him in school what was happening then kind of lines up with what is happening now. (at least for how to deal with war and taxes). Hmm. 

Got to go make the kids lunch. Mom and dad are gone for the day....hooray hooray....not.....just got sanna quieted down from a temper-tantrum. And some people pick on moody teenage girls. I'm telling you! 4 year olds are lots worse! lol

Tomorrow is election day. God save us.

2 comments:

sherlock said...

4 year olds are much much much much worse.

Anonymous said...

God save us indeed.

Let us pray.

~H