Nick is a picture-taker-holic, as well as a firewood-getter-holic. He says that any day he gets a good picture, or a load of firewood, is a good day. Well yesterday dad helped him with firewood and Nick got lots of good pictures so I guess he had a GREAT day lol. For lack of anything else to say here are some pictures of yesterday that he emailed us:
P.S. I'm nervous that Obama is almost president. We talked a lot about politics yesterday and its not sounding so good. Perhaps when the electoral college meets they will actually realize Obama is not fit for Pres. and vote McCain instead?
10 comments:
I still don't get the whole electoral college thing. Clue me in!
Okay, the electoral college. Obviously every state has a certain amount of electoral voters. The voters are people we have elected into office for our district (like Representatives and other people like them).
41 days after every presidential election, the electoral college (or convention) meets. Now lets say the representative of my district is John Smith. Since my district went for Obama, when Smith goes to the electoral college, it is his duty to vote for Obama since the popular vote went for Obama. And all the other electoral voters are supposed to do that same thing.
So what is the point of having a second vote? Why not just go with what the popular vote says and not have the bother? Isn't this all kind of silly?
According to the founding fathers, NO. They created the electoral college as a safety measure. Back then, the Fathers thought of all of us as ignorant people who wouldn't know who to vote for. (lots of people would be relying on word of mouth, maybe a few newspapers when it came to who was running for president and what they stood for).
SO, if the people voted a candidate into office that the "educated" electoral voters saw as not fit for duty, they would vote for the other candidate who they thought could run the country better and that better candidate would become president.
I am hoping the electoral voters will see that Obama is not fit and vote McCain. Or better yet start all over again and choose new candidates :P.
Make sense? I hope.
Whoa. that is the longest comment I have ever left.
oh, so they DO have some say in how they vote. That's the part I never got. Thanks!
has the college ever exercised their power to overrule the popular vote?
I know, I'm just full of questions. You can just tell me to go look it up if you want.
: - )
~Han
In 3 or 4 elections they have changed the vote. You can look up what elections they were if you want to know :D
mattea!!!
<3
hi.
also... I don't know what kidn of holic I am :P
whoa!? dell actually commented on my blog?
wow del is actually moving back to blog world! :P
I'm a soundtrackholic, and a chocoholic, but isn't every girl?!
~Han
Post a Comment