P.P. I changed the title....and a few of the colors...I've been kind of bored with it it for a while.
Saturday, February 21, 2009
Swirly Wirly 40mph Plunge of Death and Doom
Tuesday night I got a call from Bethany, asking how spare of the moment I could be. I said this week was basically clear. She said Well, do you want to go to Splash Lagoon with my family and I on Thursday? And I said...uh, sure, okay. And it was settled. lol. They had an extra ticket because Alex had to work (or maybe I should say wanted to work--he has made a habit of missing each Splash Lagoon trip :o). So Thursday morning early Dad took me up to their house, and I was on the road with the Rawleighs by 9am. The car ride out there was very fun. It was snowing really badly, which Mrs. Rawleigh didn't like, but I thought it was great fun. Though it took about 45 minutes extra to get there....however Beth is a good travel companion. lol. We got to our hotel which was connected to Splash Lagoon and ate lunch. Then we changed, and entered the 82 degree Splash Lagoon. I was rather hesitant at first. There is water water everywhere, people spraying you with water, people splashing you with water, and a big bucket that dumps a 1,000 gallons of water on you every 10 minutes, if you go to this certain spot.....and it was very very crowded. There were 7 big slides, and 2 little kiddie ones (which we weren't allowed to go on...boo hoo :p). By the end of the two days, we had gone down all of the slides (except the little kid ones) about a million times each. Well actually, one slide we only went down twice. It is called Hurricane Whole, but it should be called something like "Swirily Wirly Plunge of Death". Hahaha, first you shoot down this steep, dark tunnel at 40 mph, and then you are spat out into this big bowl about 25 ft in diameter, I think. You swirl around in this bowl, totally disoriented, several times, trying desperately to get your feet pointed in towards the center of the bowl, where there is a hole that you are going to drop down. Sometime you succeed, sometimes you don't. If you do succeed, then you get to get dropped 5 ft into a pool of water feet first. If you don't succeed, you get dumped into a pool of water head first. Anyway, you get dunked one way or another. When you surface, you have no clue where you are so there is a life guard designated to blowing a whistle at you so you can find the stairs. You find the stairs, get out, and then thank God that you are still alive. Hahahaha...it was rather fun though. However my favorite rides were the ones that you used an inter tube for. The best on was Cyclone which is a lot like Hurricane hole, only instead of being dropped straight into the water, you go down a ramp after circling in this bigger bowl. Very very fun. But the best part was being with Bethany for a whole 36 hours.....great fun. I am very glad Alex didn't go hahahaha. And...I still can't believe I actually went. It is all a blur of wet fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Glad I didn't know what you were doing until it was over!
haha yesterday I was going to ask when you changed your title (I was afraid that you did it a while ago and I just missed it) but for some reason blogger wouldn't let me post it. Then I came back today and realized that I just missed you post script
Sooo.... I like the new title!
Actually, you aren't crazy Beth (well, maybe in some ways but not this one lol). Because I hadn't changed the title when you first saw the post. I just added the post script a little while ago when I changed the title. :)
So what's the story behind the title?
Its from Riley Armstrong's song "Anthem from 4th Place" in his album LaLoop.
Post a Comment