Thursday, March 05, 2009

I Feel Very Old (gosh, what'll I think when I'm 70?!)

I have procrastinated on updating my blog. But truthfully, I've been so busy that I haven't had any time till now to do it. Monday I turned 16 years old and you know, its weird, but I actually feel older. It is rather odd....

So anyway, on Monday Mom and Dad surprised me by taking us all down to Philadelphia for the annual flower show. The theme was "Bella Italia" [beautiful Italy] and it was beautiful. I had a magnificent time. There were blooming flowers everywhere....huge bouquets...planted in the ground...arranged in numerous ways. There was so much color. And the smell.....it was heavenly. You wanted to just stand in one place and simply breathe. And it was all ironic because there we were, inside in the warmth and all these flowers surrounding us...and outside the biggest snowstorm that Philly has seen this year was going on. Thankfully we didn't get stuck in traffic on the way down or on the way back. (though on the other lane we saw that a big truck had been jackknifed across the highway--I felt bad for the people who had to wait!).


A lady made from plant materials...

My yummy yummy cake








The friday before my birthday I had Demory and delian over for the night. It was fun....they decided to dress me up as a hippy sort of person and braid my hair and put these big curls in it.....hahahaha, it was really weird and random but fun. We watched an old movie in Italian called "El Postino" ("the postman"...and yes, we had subtitles lol) which was good, but had a sad ending (the story was true). But it was a beautiful movie. After that we felt depressed though so we watched Catch Me if You Can. (its funny that the two movies we watched were based on true stories). 

They had to leave early the next morning but it was fun. But before they left we got to talking about the book of Enoch.....which has been our subject of interest for a while. Mostly we were wondering why it wasn't put in the Bible. Dell has researched it, and the only thing she could find is that the people who "built the Bible" decided not to put Enoch in because it was "wierd"...its not written like any other book of the bible. So we are like "so is it not true?". But really, why wouldn't it be true? After all, Enoch walked uprightly before the Lord...he talked with God....and then one day Enoch was walking around and God took him up to Heaven. He was special enough that God didn't allow him to die....Enoch was just "taken up". SO. If Enoch was such a good guy...wouldn't the book he wrote be true? And therefore worthy of studying and discussion? I think so...either way, I want to get my hands on a copy of it. (one of the things that sparked our desire to learn more about Enoch was the movie "The Star of Bethlehem" which if you haven't seen, you NEED to). 

Anywhooo....I kind of miss 15. It was a good number. 
But I think 16 is good too. Just the whole "1" "5" combination was nice. For some reason. 
Hahahahahahaha.....

7 comments:

sherlock said...

Ha ha ha, all the flowers and bright colors, looks like Mattea-heaven.

There are certain ages where you do suddenly feel older. I think this weird 17 thing is like that for me.

Well, if Enoch directly contrasted anything in the other books maybe that's why it wasn't put in. Do you remember that weird "book of Judas" thing? Some cult ended up writing it..... not that Enoch was written by some cult. Maybe the "Bible Builders" had something against authors who begin with "E"?

As usual your bright and cheery posts are a blessing when compared to the emo and self focused blogs I also frequent. (the ones that I don't comment on so as not to leave a trail back to my blogging sphere)

Anonymous said...

Yes it could be that it does contradict some of the other books. And if that was the case....I can see why they didn't put it in. Because that is one cool thing about the Bible; the fact that it does not contradict itself even though it was written over a period of several thousand years.

All the more reason to read it and find out I guess :)

Anonymous said...

(in response to your comment on my blog)
but don't you think we're becoming a little too dependent on our computers and iphones and such? Hence Facebook! (scary music)

In response to this...
You sound like Nancy Drew. But you totally should track down some info on it. Now you've gotten me all curious....
*runs to google.....

Anonymous said...

I would definitely say yes - we are WAY to dependent on all of our technology. But it is rather handy...

And oh goody! I've always wanted to sound like Nancy Drew!!

Scary music?? he he

Anonymous said...

Yeah! I'm glad you got to do something neat for your birthday!


15 did have a nice...erm, feel to it. I didn't like 16 very much. Can't say exactly why. 17 is cool, though it does make me feel old. Imagine what 18 is going to feel like!

I never got to finish Catch Me If You Can. I want to. So would you recommend El Postino?

~Han

mattea kiriel said...

I guess I would recommend it. I mean, it was just kind of a "sleepy" plot...and then it ended with a sad bang.

BUT the plot, though simple...was kind of beautiful. And relaxing.

(FYI you and your Mom might want to watch it before any of your other sibs saw it....because of low cut outfits and rather crude romantic humor)

Andrew said...

The flower show looked like fun. Happy Birthday again, late.