Come Summer though....I might cut it short. If summer ever actually gets here!! I woke up on the first day of spring to an inch of snow on the ground. I was like "Hey, I want winter back. In winter we got 60 and sunny out!" Which is another ironic thing. In winter its warm....I get my hair cut and I get a "hair long"......
Sanna was not very happy about the snow in spring. She sat in bed and wailed. I think she was looking forward to wearing her summer dresses....and she couldn't.
We watched No Reservations last night...and I have two complaints. No three. 1) I don't get why its called No Reservations. 2) its a take off on Ratatoulli 3) it had one scene that if they had taken it out, it would have been the bestest movie. Why do the producers have to ruin a perfectly great movie with one, two minute scene that they could have done without?
Yeah, so I thought it was a good movie anyway. lol
Soo...has anyone else ever been confused about that last chapter in John where Jesus asks Peter "Do you love me?" 3 times in a row? It goes:
15 When they had finished breakfast, Jesus said to Simon Peter, “Simon, son of John, do you love me more than these?” He said to him, “Yes, Lord; you know that I love you.” He said to him, “Feed my lambs.” 16 He said to him a second time, “Simon, son of John, do you love me?” He said to him, “Yes, Lord; you know that I love you.” He said to him, “Tend my sheep.” 17 He said to him the third time, “Simon, son of John, do you love me?” Peter was grieved because he said to him the third time, “Do you love me?” and he said to him, “Lord, you know everything; you know that I love you.” Jesus said to him, “Feed my sheep."
Here is something my Mom shared with me:
It is helpful to know that the first two times Jesus posed the question to Peter, He asked him "Do you agape me?" Peter answered, "Of course I phileo you!" It was as if Jesus was asking, "...so you really, sacrificially love me, based on Who I am? And you'd gladly lay down your life for me?" And instead, Peter was checking the box that said "Just as a friend!"
The third time Jesus posed the question, He asked Peter, "Do you phileo me?" And Peter truthfully answered "yes." Now, before we are too hard on ole' Simon Peter, we must assume that He indeed did grow to love our Lord in the agape sense of the word. History tells us that Peter met his death by crucifixion. However, he did not feel worthy to be crucified in the same manner as the Lord, so he was crucified upside down!
Isn't that interesting?? That passage has always confused until now. It amazing how sometimes you have to know the Greek if you want to understand the Bible!
9 comments:
Thank God that we can still glean truth from his word in english! But I think learning Greek would be very cool and helpful. My good friend Kaleb is learning Greek.
Sanna sounds so funny! How many siblings do you have?
There are six of us altogether. Andrew, then me, then Isaac (13), then Maryah (11), then Misha (8) and Sanna who is 4.
That is ironic. I need to get somebody to cut my hair soon.
Alrighty....i read sanna's quote.
I LOVE THAT GIRL. mannn!!! =D
hahahaha.
But, i love you more ;) Always have always will. Sorry sanna!
And No Reservations is a good movie :) but yes...that ONE stupid scene...really didn't get us anywhere ;-p
And your mom (MY AUNT, people!) is a very wise person...i hope i can be like her when i grow up (but that'll never happen) hahaha.
<3
i miss you. so much.
:)
That's funny, MK! I miss my long hair, right now, but I won't in the summer. If you want your hair short, come to my mom. I should have told her I only wanted a trim.
I was taught that Jesus asked Peter if he loved Him three times, just as Peter denied Him three times. I don't think that's unchallengeable, but where did your mom read that? (Or does SHE know Greek? NOW who's the one with secrets, huh?!)
Sanna is sooo cute. And that is one glamorous pic of you, Anna. I'm glad you decided to creep out of Facebook to comment, finally! : P
~Han
hahahaha. yeeeaaahhh...
i'm back in the world of blogging :P
i think.
mostly because i set up a blog for my photography, and even though i haven't technically started it really...i wanna see how it goes :P
:)
aww and thanks about the picture! what a sweetheart! :)
My Mom read about it on Crosswalk. And now that you mention it, I think I've heard about that "3 times" thing a long time ago. And I don't see why that couldn't be the case too.....
ah well, another question for heaven :)
lol, I feel like I say that a lot.
Okay so I just read your profile's random question and it was awesome!
I'm gonna go levitate a hapless chinese man now.
Nothing is really wrong with Moon Spinners, it was kinda fun quirky little thing, but I just meant my comment in a tounge in cheek way.
;-)
Post a Comment