Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Daytime Things, Nighttime Things

Between our house and my Papa T's, i've raked tons of leaves. Well, maybe not tons but.....probably close to a couple hundred pounds :). Most of the leaves have fallen on our mountain, but there are still lots of leaves on the trees at lower elevations than us. The grass is still nice and green though, and the sky is blue......so its not that bad =)

Dad had a doctors appointment today....they talked with this special doctor for 2 and a 1/2 hours! But Mom says it was really good. In late november they are going to perform and angiogram on my Dad, which is a surgery that involves sending a teeny tiny camera into him, starting from his thigh and working their way up to his neck and arteries there. Depending on what they see, they might have to put a stent on his left carotid artery (the part of it in his neck). Hopefully they won't have to do that, but most likely they will. The doctor thinks (though is not sure) that Dad has a connective tissue disorder called "fibrous-muscular-dysplasia" (FMD) which would explain most of what is going on with him.

So we'll wait and see...it feels better to have something more definitive to go on.

Not much has been going on.....we've been trying not to go to many places because of the flu that is running rampant around here. We went to church though, which was a bad idea because we've had several emails since then asking for prayer for people who were in church on sunday and now they have the swine flu, or something like it. :p Yikes. lol

Oh yes, saturday night Andrew went to hang out with his friend Joe, who lives in an apartment next to my friends house. So I schemed and hitched a ride with him at the last minute, and got to hang out with Demory, Delian, and Delian's boyfriend-courting-guy, Josh. lol. So we had supper together, (only filling the kitchen with smoke once :) watched Mulan with the little boys and then put them to bed (their parents were visiting a college with another son that weekend). Delian had fallen asleep during Mulan (not that it was boring lol, she has been working double shifts at the coffee shop :p). So we talked, had ice cream, and played a couple games of liar. We all won once. hahaha. Delian had been sleeping for a little over two hours when we woke her up to watch a movie called "Matchstick Men", or something like that. We went through so many movie titles on Netflix until we found that one that I'm not sure what it was called. lol. It was funny though, and a twist ending. Its about a con man who is being conned the whole movie but you don't know that, and neither does he. He is also obsessive compulsive which brought a lot of laughs.

By the time that finished at 12:30 Delian was wide awake, though the rest of us were getting tired. so we watched an episode of Lie To Me which was pretty stupid I think....but I was kind of out of it for that. So then we talked about random stuff, theological stuff....all those things that come up at 2:00am. Then we went home. We probably should have just stayed the night lol, but we got home safe anyway. And it was fun. I ended up getting to spend 10 hours with them, even though most of it was at night hahaha. So I went home and fell asleep immediately...and then there was church so you can bet I gulped down a cup of black tea before leaving. I don't do caffeine that frequently so when I do, it definitely works : ).

7 comments:

sherlock said...

Oh I LOVE hang outs like that!
Delian has a boyfriend?
No freakin way!!!

I've got to friend her on face-eater.

I missed your blog while I was gone ha ha ha. No one else posts as much as us. have you noticed? lol

mattea kiriel said...

hahaha, yeah. I have noticed.


And yes, Del has been courting for about 3 months now.....everyone is pretty sure they'll be getting hitched sometime soon :-). Yes you should friend her!

josiah said...

Hitched?! 3 months?! Hitched?!
3 MONTHS?!

daaaang. talk about moving fast. Faster than a speeding bullet. errr, courtship.

han said...

This was a good post! I can tell you're in Sonlight's Brit Lit, lol.

Thanks for the update on your dad. I'm so glad you finally got a reasonable diagnosis.

Stay warm!

~Han

mk said...

Hahaa...well, that's what everyone thinks anyway.....Mr. Cornfield might still make them wait another couple of years, knowing him :-D


I know Hannah! Its crazy how busy that course keeps me! With all the writing in it, I never feel like writing on my blog by the end of the day. When do you take the SAT again? Or did you already take it? I know there is one coming up here soon.....

han said...

I take it on my birthday, which is a bummer, but at least it's not after my birthday.

mattea kiriel said...

Aug! Yeah, just as soon as I wrote that I thought "oh man, I hope it doesn't land on her birthay...."
and what do you know....it does! yeah, bummer!