AND
It SNOWED here this morning. It came down in big fat fluffy flakes, so you had white mixing with all the splendid autumn colors. It was pretty, and somewhat foreboding, though the snow didn't actually stick--it melted as soon as it came in contact with the ground. Still it was snow. And it came down intermittently throughout the morning. I think the last time it snowed this early was when we got Misha from China. Mom and Dad came back on the 18th of Oct., 2001 and there was a blanket of snow on the ground (it actually stuck for a few days, but then it warmed back up and was nice).
We stopped to get gas Sunday morning and one of the local people saw us and actually told us that we'd be getting snow this week. We didn't believe him at all, and I completely forgot about him until this morning when I was brushing my teeth. I looked out the window and there was the snow! I almost shouted it out, thought better of it, ran to the bathroom, spat out my toothpaste, and THEN shouted out "its snowing!!" Or "es sneit!" as I learned how to say it in German a few weeks ago......lol
Poor Sanna is all confused. She can't decide what she wants more; snow piles or leaf piles. hahaha, but I don't think she'll have to worry about snow piles for a while. I doubt we'll get much more this month, or at least any that will stick.
5 comments:
In reply to your comments on the last post Hannah.....
Andrew was able to get a few good pictures I think! He says they are on FaceBook so check them out there!
You disassembled your printer...??? lol.....Yeah, I take things apart and then can't put them together again....like humpty dumpty.
This bodes well! We are so excited, although I heard it's supposed to be 60-70 this week.
Poor Sanna! It's sad that the snow made the leaves all damp. I sympathize with her. It's a no-win situation, that.
Praying for you! I am waiting to write you a letter until I'm sure the h1n1 is out of our house. : )
~Han
Hey Mattea!How are you doing tonight?I like your recent blog posts. AND Ja, Es Sneit!HEHEHe.
Talk to you later : )
Hey Mattea!How are you doing tonight?I like your recent blog posts. AND Ja, Es Sneit!HEHEHe.
Talk to you later : )
Hahahah...thanks! We actually had someone send us a letter while they had swine flu and mom was like "oh! throw it away! don't touch it!!" lol
Well, sanna finally got her wish at least! The snow melted, the leaves dried out, and yesterday she made a big leaf pile! :)
Post a Comment