Today was a beautiful day (actually hit 70!!!) and it was completely sunny, with a nice little breeze....so I thought I would air out my (white) quilt. The clothes line is down, so I spread my quilt over the outside-whicker sofa. I thought I was being so smart, and that tonight I would get to sleep under a nice fresh smelling blanket....I was wrong. About an hour later I come back to my quilt and Bella, our dog, is LEANING against it. So there were black hairs all over the bottom half. I shoo Bella away, and then get some tape and get the hair off. There, I think, now it can get nice and sun-cleaned. So I leave (we actually all decided to go on a hike for an hour). Then I come back and what do I see? Since it was warm, of course all the bugs came out today....lots of bugs. And those same bugs decided to sit on my (white) quilt and left their little yellow and black markings on it!!!! AUG! So then I got out the oxy clean and and spot cleaned the whole thing. Let it dry. Then took it up to my room, feeling rather chagrined and not sure if I had made any progress in getting my blanket freshened. So I put it on my bed, and as I'm doing this I notice that there is MUD on the under side of it!!!!!!! How did that get there???? Now I'm feeling way more than chagrined. I put on some more oxy clean, and now its in the washer. That thing had better come out clean and very white!!! Otherwise......I shall be....very very very chagrined.
And on top of that, I don't get to sleep under my own quilt tonight!! I'll have to go to the closet and dig out a spare blanket, and put that on my bed........
Hahahaha....I really don't know why I bothered to write this down. But it makes me feel better. Laugh at the story, or something, please, just so I know this venture was good for something.
3 comments:
Hahahahaha.
Wow.
I love that post.
: D Poor quilt. Good writing!
~Han
lol I know how you feel mattea
Post a Comment