Friday, November 12, 2010

Crunch

This past week has been stressful. My classes are getting a lot harder....really intensive. I'm definitely feeling the crunch of working and doing college at the same time. Then, to top it all off, last night I got sick with something that feels like a mini-flu. So I couldn't go to work this morning...first time I had to call in sick. Which is amazing, I guess, because I come in contact with so many germs every day. Despite feeling weird and bleckish all day, it was nice to have the day off from work though...allowed me to finish an essay, take a test, do lots of studying, and make a semi-game plan for how I'm going to deal with next week. Hopefully I can get ahead in my reading over the weekend so I'll be prepared for midterms. I miss home school. The wonderful school where if you are sick you can just not do school, and catch up later. Aug.

In other news, I feel like I live in science fiction land. At night time the bright white lights from the gas wells around here look like something from outer space. Plus the constant thrumming noise. It's so loud, and these are the gas wells several miles from here. They haven't started drilling on ours yet. I wish they would though....even if it will be like living next to an airport.

4 comments:

Halifirien Pilgrim said...

Wow, sounds like this half of the semester will be a challenge. Stay strong!

<3

Halifirien Pilgrim said...

p.s. It's my turn to write a letter. I'll probably do that this weekend. I have breathing room, finally. :)

Halifirien Pilgrim said...

p.p.s. I'm so bad at this. Last comment, really.

The new look and title is GREAT! Love it!

mattea kiriel said...

Thanks for being so encouraging, Haliferien.

And leave as many comments as you want! lol I was like "wow! 3 comments from Hannah!!"