Even though I'm subject to dates and deadlines, I really haven't been paying attention to the calendar recently. Last week I was on a walk with mom on one of the two spring-like days we experienced before we got another foot and a half of snow, and I barely caught myself from saying, "aren't you glad we've already made it through most of January and are that much closer to spring?" And then I realized that we already half way through February. Wow. Reality check.
Apparently it didn't sink in though, because on Tuesday I was talking with Grandma and she said, "can you believe you will be 18 next week?" I swear my eyes bulged out or something, and she probably thought I was crazy, because it took a second too long for me to find words. Well, I actually knew immediately what I wanted to say: "No way! I'm positive it is 3 weeks away!" But the prideful part of me bit my tongue, swallowed, (let me clarify that: I did not swallow my tongue) and said, "I know, its exciting."
Seriously though, am I really going to be 18 this Wednesday? It completely snuck up on me. If it hadn't been for Grandma, and if I weren't to notice the new picture on the calendar for March this Tuesday, it is quite possible that I would have marched right through my birthday without knowing it. Then my parents really could have surprised me. (let me clarify that: I do not want to be surprised hahaha).
Actually, I am quite ready to turn 18. I had a premonition back in January that I wouldn't have much time to prepare myself for being 18 when the time grew near, so I came to terms with it back then. I figured that really, though, it is about time! Too much happened this year for being 17, and I need to even it out a little by turning 18.
Besides, there are certain benefits with turning 18. I can register to vote, "become a native american" if Papa T can get the paperwork together, go on a date (ha!), drive on the road past 11 PM, enter online sweepstakes, etc.
Have I mentioned that it is now just 2 weeks until this brain pain of a subterm is over? One thing I HAVE been counting down to is the end of these classes (in case you haven't noticed). It is a lot better now though, simply because I can see the light at the end of the tunnel (and I am almost positive it isn't the train).
I have never really liked having a birthday in early March, but, if your birthday has to be during the school year, its not that bad because I'll only have to wait a week after it to be on break. If I went to Bryan with Andrew, my birthday would be even closer to spring break, maybe even part of it depending on the year, which would be awesome. But other than that perk, I think I'm content with staying at Liberty :).
7 comments:
Now who is my older sister interested in, think... think... think... :P
Very funny.
It will have to be someone who makes AT LEAST 5000 pounds a year! And he can't work for it either, no no, he must be a heir to a fortune! Oh Mattea you vex me so with your dreams of running off and marrying some poor gardener!
(It was you girls idea to watch P&P)
We'll make it, Mattea! So close! Yay for losing all track of the date, ahaha.
Exactly, Isaac, you just need to take inflation into account. :)
ooOOOOOooo, a gardener, eh? And why does it vex you so much, Isaac? :D
I just was trying to think of a low-income job! It vexes me because I want my brother in-law to be able to buy her a nice car, which I will "borrow" as often as I can lol!
How come I haven't heard about this gardener before now?
is this gardner attractive? hahahahah
O Isaac, perhaps you ought to write a little story about being a matchmaker for your sister.
I feel it would be quite amusing. hahahaha.
Post a Comment