Observation #1: I have awesome friends. Thank you everyone for your encouragements/insights/support via comments and emails!
Observation #2: God is sovereign. Whatever I do will be what He wants me to do. And whatever I don't do won't matter because He doesn't need any of my human efforts to get what He needs done, done. Therefore, I can relax. Because I know that where I am right now is right where He wants me to be.
Observation #3: Three weeks until spring break!
Observation #4: It is very busy outside. The gas people have been drilling for 2 weeks now, and are 6,000 ft. down with the first well. They are also putting in the pipeline, which runs very near out house. Which means, when I wake up, I watch 10+ pickup trucks and various bulldozers/backhoes drive up the lane and park in front of our house (so far only one man has dared to stand in our driveway and light up a cigarette over his break).
Observation #5: Yesterday it was near 60 in Corning! I went for a crazy walk with my sibs and Del, Dem, Neeki, and the Osburn girls, and it was super relaxing to actually be able to feel the sun.
Observation #6: It is about 25 out today, gray, cloudy, and with winds upwards of 50 mph. Welcome back winter once again. The one day break was nice.
Observation #7: Siobhan Slack is my hero. Grace Community Church is holding a 4-part series called "Changed Lives" at the public library. Siobhan was the first to share her testimony today, and though I had heard bits and pieces of it over the years, it was amazing to hear it all at once in chronological order. And with all the painful details that she so humbly shared. Her story really affirms that God can change anyone, and use anyone. His grace covers all.
Observation #8: I will never be able to eat an Oreo ever again. They were the subject of our biology team assignment this week, and from now on they will be equated with stress. And besides, now I know just how the Oreo is digested, and just where it goes and what it does with all its sugary nasty-ness.
Observation #9: I am hungry (for something other than Oreos). Going to go see if Mom needs help with supper!
3 comments:
I'm glad you didn't have a class on the movie "Food" that came out last year. I don't want to see it because I don't think I'd be able to eat anything but organic again. Food is messed up. *shivers*
Yay for the Lord and friends! And warm days. It was nice outside here too, but so windy. I thought all the loose sticks had fallen off the trees in the snow storm, but apparently not. Yikes.
Have a good week!
<3
Yeah we were concerned about branches falling on our cars but thankfully I don't think many came down.
Thanks! I will try to have a good week! And I think it will be. I really don't feel nervous about it at all :). Which is good, and unusual for me. :-p
Observation 1: hahahaha I want to know what you learned about oreos!
Observation 2: You are amazing, and we'll have to get together sometime during spring break okay? I'll come out that :)
Observation 3: Ah, using the word 'observation' is a pain, every time i've gone to spell it I've had to try at least three times!
Observation 4: You need to stay nice and warm!!
Observation 5: I think I should send you an e-mail. but by hriman I am bad at e-mails :P
Observation 6: I love you ;)
~Del
Post a Comment